Am I the only one who even knows Phantom of Inferno? :(

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Am I the only one who even knows Phantom of Inferno? :(

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:18 am

Perhaps I am....
Even some of my great Otaku friends have no clue what it is..(man you should have seen the looks on their faces when they didn't know about it -- and they treat it like a religion!!)

I have no idea why that this hasn't been talked about more. This is seriously one of the best plots that I have ever seen. And of course I have seen a lot of plots myself, from the classic Ronin Warriors to the new Vandread Second Stage.

Maybe it was ComuNet's bad advertising. All I saw for this was maybe one small booth at a small Japanese Culture expo, and an ad in Animerica, but that's it. No trailers, no commercials, no promotions.

For people who like English dubs this might be a little problem because there is no English track -- most likely because there is no room left on the DVD to put on on. It's already dual layered.

The thing about this DVD is that the story is just as long as a full 26-episode series. The catch is that there is barely any motion video. Picture a person talking, but nothing moves. Only his/her expression is on the corresponding character with a background. In short, the DVD is mostly stills with audio.

If you have enough patience to listen to a good story then you're in for a treat. I swear that I could not stop crying or stop the shock that I was feeling at some scenes.

Well I think I've complained and explained enough. :roll: If there's any questions or comments don't hesitate to ask me personally.
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:03 am

I hear there was a PC version before it came out for DVD.

Sounds interesting,anyway.
I'm out...

Return to “General Anime”