Idiot needs help with Matrox G400

Jibaku Shoujo
Org Profile

Idiot needs help with Matrox G400

Post by Jibaku Shoujo » Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:30 am

I hate to demonstrate my total ignorance, but I'll obviously have to in order to make any head-way. I just purchased the Matrox G400-TV equipment and got it installed. Now I'm not even sure that I got the right thing, which would genuinely suck. I can't see any way to hook it up to my PS2, and since my TV/VCR doesn't have output connectors I can't hook it up to that either. The only thing that I could do was to attach a cable to the "Marvel" device that's hooked up to my computer. Now I can watch tv on my monitor, but where there should be a "record" button on my CG remote, there's just a blank box.

The Help files only offer this information on the subject: "Note: Recording may be unavailable with certain Matrox products." I've read about other people using G400 to capture video, so I can't figure why my product wouldn't have that option, unless I somehow got the wrong thing or else there's some add-ons that I need. And if so, I'd appreciate some advice on what those might be and where to obtain them.

At the risk of personal humiliation, I beseech my fellow members: PLEEEASE give me some input! I'm sick of being stuck at an absolute stand-still.

Thanx -
Jibaku Shoujo :x

mckeed
Org Profile

can't help you with that card

Post by mckeed » Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:25 pm

I got the dual head one and have the RT-2500 for capturing.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:34 pm

:shock:

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:18 am

Is that "Marvel device" a blue "break-out box" with a bunch of RCA (and other) connections? After connecting that to the card, you'd connect the PS2's RCA (composite) video out to the RCA video in of the break-out box.

The BOB is pictured on page 9 of this guide:
http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/user_ ... g4_eng.pdf

Waldo
Org Profile

Re: Idiot needs help with Matrox G400

Post by Waldo » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:15 pm

Jibaku Shoujo wrote:I can't see any way to hook it up to my PS2, and since my TV/VCR doesn't have output connectors I can't hook it up to that either.
What type of cables are you dealing with right now? Your PS2 should have an RCA or s-video cable for the video signal output and the G400TV has RCA and s-video ports for video input. If you hooked the cables from your PS2 to the Marvel, the "record" button is probably blanked out because there is no video signal going in to the G400-TV.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”