Upload and Download Restrictions

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby Giton » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:08 pm

Next question:

If I have such a video and you don't, how can i send it to you?
Or will those videos not be allowed to be uploaded because "Master Phade" wants to do everything by his own :P ?
Just asking because I have a huuuuge collection here (~ 140 GB) and maybe i can provide some videos that a not my own (honestly i haven't done one yet, but I think there'll be one soon :oops: )
Giton

Postby Phade » Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:17 pm

Hey Giton,

If you have a video that you would like to see hosted via proxy, you can send me a link to it and I'll download it to see if it's good to put up since we currently have limited storage space. Once the full Donut is available, I may adjust it so that people can upload via proxy.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby calluna » Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:50 pm

I just had a question ragarding the "anime music videos only" policy...

Does that just mean we can't upload live-action MVs, or are we also not allowed to upload vids made with non-Japanese animation?
calluna

Postby Phade » Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:09 pm

Hey calluna,

For now, the policy will be "anime music videos only". This means videos should only contain anime, no non-anime videos. This policy may change in the future.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby ProdigySim » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:14 pm

A couple things:

About the rule that states only Anime Music Videos are allowed: Are VideoGame FMV sequence videos counted as AMVs? There are already some on this site, but will they be allowed on a-m-v.org's hosted space?

My second question is about file types. A guy Instant Messaged me about this today, and I'm not sure I gave him a correct answer.. But he wanted to know if AMVs made in Flash are acceptable. You can make them in Flash, but they will be exported as *.swf. So are Flash-type AMVs allowed?
ProdigySim

Postby Phade » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:49 pm

Hey ProdigySim,

With the current limited storage space, video game videos shouldn't be uploaded now. When the full Donut server is available, then they will be allowed. Flash is a perfectly good format for AMVs.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby silver_moon » Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:31 pm

Phade wrote:Hey ProdigySim,

With the current limited storage space, video game videos shouldn't be uploaded now. When the full Donut server is available, then they will be allowed. Flash is a perfectly good format for AMVs.

Phade.

Um... I just recently uploaded my AMV that was done to the Final Fantasy: Spirits Within movie... I don't know if that movie would qualify as "anime". Should I have the video taken down until the Golden Donut arrives?
ImageImage
silver_moon

Postby Phade » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:01 am

Hey,

If it's already there, I'll let it slide. Just for future reference, though, keep it in mind for future uploads.

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby silver_moon » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:24 pm

Okay, I will. :wink:
ImageImage
silver_moon

non Amvs

Postby Tuplica » Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:39 am

I've seen a few non AMVs (live action or non-anime in some other way) go up as being locally hosted... Has this become OK or is it still not allowed, and those have just not figured that out yet? Just curious... I got lotsa non-anime vids if the former is the case. ^_^
Tuplica

Postby Phade » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:22 am

Hey Tuplica,

Until the full Donut server is online, only anime music videos should be uploaded. I will make this point more prominant on the upload page. Sorry...

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Giton » Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:12 am

Hmm, I know this may sound a little bit insolent, but is there a way to download local videos via a download-manager?
The only thing that seems to work is Mozilla's, but it has only little options and a bad usability.
I'm not talking about segmented download or other annoying things people can do with dl-managers, it's just I'm really addicted to AMVs and downloading all one by one costs lots of time :(
Normal Windows download option sucks anyways, cause dl's are not resumeable...
Giton

Postby Phade » Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:50 am

Hey Giton,

Great care has been taken into defeating "download accelerators". Why? A misconfigured "accelerator" can waste tons and tons of bandwidth. Normal download managers should not be affected, though they will not be able to resume downloads (an unfortunate side-effect of defeating "accelerators"). Which manager are you trying to use?

Phade.
Phade
Site Admin

Postby Brsrk » Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:15 am

Giton wrote:Hmm, I know this may sound a little bit insolent, but is there a way to download local videos via a download-manager?
The only thing that seems to work is Mozilla's, but it has only little options and a bad usability.
I'm not talking about segmented download or other annoying things people can do with dl-managers, it's just I'm really addicted to AMVs and downloading all one by one costs lots of time :(
Normal Windows download option sucks anyways, cause dl's are not resumeable...

I use a program called GetRight, it's an accelorator, but I only use it for big files (over 10 mb) and don't use the segment option. It's a nice little program, it's got a trial time, but if you go past the expiration date/download a lot, it just tells you to enter code, pay, or soemthing else, but if you wait a few seconds, you can just hit "Ok" and you can keep using it. It's avaliable at www.getright.com and I think it's less than 1 mb, can't remember...

Hope that helps ya.
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528
Brsrk

The one hit rule...

Postby Bahamut God » Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:21 pm

If there is a video that you don't like, but you can see how the person might think it would have been ok. (maybe there was one really bad sean, really short, and the rest was just fine) Will you maybe just deleate the video with a warrning? I really dout there are that many people out there that are just dieing to abuse the system.

I say this because I always forget that I have one or two questable seens in all of my videos.

In a video I just uploaded, the whole thing is a sexual induento about breats, but only one bare pair really show during the whole video. (It's all Ranma movie number two, the beach one)

I have a video that is from the Eva moive, that is pretty artistic, but has nudity, and end of eva violence. (which is not pointless, but is pretty graphic)

I can understand if it's really excessive, like a hentai video, made with hentai titles, to a hentai song.

...What's your take on ninja scroll by the way?
[Visit my Profile, it hates Bush!]
[Feel bad for someone who killed a kid]
"I'm telling you, I want to be a loser."-Khushrenada
I have a titley thing, and you might not. ^_^/
Bahamut God
Wrong Kind of Special

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements