Org Profile

Post by Pierrot Le Fou » Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:16 pm

Stop using windows movie maker. It's by far the worst video editing
program there is. Get Videomach if you dont have the cash for Adobe
Premiere.

Beefmaster10000
Org Profile

Post by Beefmaster10000 » Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:25 pm

Umm, no, I will not do that. I wasn't asking for your opinion on what you think is the best video editing program.

I have Windows Movie Maker, and I don't feel like spending cash for anything else.

[3cniv]
Org Profile

Post by [3cniv] » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:20 pm

OK if u wanna make a good vid and rm and asf are bad how do I make mpeg with Abobe Premier 6.0?
Later People

[3cniv]

escaflownewargod
Org Profile

Post by escaflownewargod » Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:14 pm

I have Mac OS X and all I have is Imovie. Is that ok to use.

AtomicWeezleman
Org Profile

Post by AtomicWeezleman » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:10 am

Beefmaster10000 wrote:Umm, no, I will not do that. I wasn't asking for your opinion on what you think is the best video editing program.

I have Windows Movie Maker, and I don't feel like spending cash for anything else.
i hear ya, i use WMM, sure its not the best piece of software,nut unlike some who use lighting effects to cover up their own shortcomings, those who use WMM, have to try really hard to make a good amv
BEEF, i salute u
I play violent computer games! I could snap at any minute!!!!

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:29 am

[3cniv] wrote:OK if u wanna make a good vid and rm and asf are bad how do I make mpeg with Abobe Premier 6.0?
Assuming you already have your video made and ready export- your best bet is to export it from Premiere (File->Export Timeline->Movie, or just CTL-M) as high a quality AVI as your source is (if editing from DVD source, likely HuffYUV) and then compress it to MPEG using TMPGEnc (www.tmpgenc.com). I don't think Premiere can output directly to MPEG anymore (though I swear it used to be able to, I can't seem to find the option in 6.5....)
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:32 am

escaflownewargod wrote:I have Mac OS X and all I have is Imovie. Is that ok to use.
There's really nothing wrong with any of the programs if you're happy and comfortable with them. Imovie (on the Macs) and WMM (on PCs) are both perfectly acceptable programs, especially if you're just starting out and don't want to/can't shell out the rather large amounts the more complex programs cost.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:41 pm

Ashyukun wrote:
[3cniv] wrote:I don't think Premiere can output directly to MPEG anymore (though I swear it used to be able to, I can't seem to find the option in 6.5....)
My version of 6.5 exports to MPEG and MPEG-2. Could be some kind of extra plugin I have. :shock:

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:55 am

mexicanjunior wrote:My version of 6.5 exports to MPEG and MPEG-2. Could be some kind of extra plugin I have. :shock:
I thought it was supposed to be able to as well... but I very well could just be overlooking it. Given I do all my MPEG compression with TMPGEnc anyways, I definitely won't claim I've looked that hard for it... :wink:
Bob 'Ash' Babcock

Neo_X
Org Profile

Post by Neo_X » Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:28 pm

:wink: thanx for the help i was just about to poast for help (u saved me) the next vid i make wont be my first, but im looking for a new start...(and all of my prior stuff was just junk) so thanx again. cya
Neo

Return to “General AMV”