Head count for AWA :D

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Himiko
Org Profile

Head count for AWA :D

Post by Himiko » Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:15 pm

Just wantin to see who's goin to AWA that entered a mvid. I entered two of mine into pro: 'World Turned Over' and 'Don't Go Away'. I know I probobly won't win this year since its the 'toughest' mvid contest out there ever and Will and Vlads new mvids are gonna blow mine outta the water for sure...or so everyone says :P Also, I'm a bit confused on the rules of judging....so....everyone that SUBMITTED a mvid gets to judge or is it everyone in the room? &_& I'm hopin AWA won't be a shitty as AX was. I didn't go but my sis went and told me that everyone had to wait like 4 hours the nite of the contest and ended up havin to go to the contest in the mornin which made everyone go berserk. ^^;; Glad I didn't go ^^;;; Anyway, sorry for such a weird topic ^_^ Guess I'm excited since this is my first con and I'll meet all my fav mvid creators there :D Hope to see you all there!!

Himiko
Tokyo Anime Studios

grayplague
Org Profile

Post by grayplague » Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:30 pm

I entered some videos. Im not sure if I can actually make it down there. Just might be able to swing it :wink:
/::.:.. <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... er_id=1190" target="#new"><b>my profile</b></a> ..:.::/|/::.:.. <a href="http://www.ijouhassei.com" target="#new"><b>my site</b></a> ..:.::/

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:56 pm

Patrick said that if you sent 3 blank VHS tapes along with your enteries that you were going to able to judge the pro contest.

That's all I knwo of so far. But yes I myself am going to AWA.

Hope to meet everyone there!

Kwasek
Org Profile

Post by Kwasek » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:00 am

"The contest works thusly; the complete set of "blinded" entries to the contest are all compiled onto tapes, and then copies are mailed back to everyone who entered. "

Key word there being blind...hence the no titles in your video. Now that I know which are your videos I can be mean and biased and not vote for yours, Himiko :twisted:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:08 am

Everyone who submitted gets to vote for several catagories (about 12 if nothing changes from last year). So there are quite a bit of videos that win something so I wouldn't count any video out as of yet!

Vlad

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:20 am

I have submitted a video ^^ and I will also be attending AWA ^^ I have never looked forward to a con as much as this one ^^

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:28 am

Hakura wrote:I have submitted a video ^^ and I will also be attending AWA ^^ I have never looked forward to a con as much as this one ^^
Yes, funny thing is I've met so many creators already and quite a few are getting to be good friends, and yet there are still quite a lot I havn't met as well that will be at AWA. This will trully be the largest gathering of AMV creators yet! I feel it's like the Acadamy awards of the AMV community!

Kind of sucks that my preregistration got lost in the mail, but it's only a small glitch and won't really have any effect on my plans to go anyway...

Vlad

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:29 am

Im attending and have submitted several vids. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We should all get together and go out to eat, y'know, take over some poor unsuspecting resturaunt. ;)

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:42 am

Wonka wrote:Im attending and have submitted several vids. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We should all get together and go out to eat, y'know, take over some poor unsuspecting resturaunt. ;)
There is only one resturaunt in walking distance of the hotel and it's usually full from Firday to Sunday with AWA attendies...

Vlad

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:55 am

Well nuts, I love going out to eat with a group of people and getting to know them. Well, I guess if nobody has a car, that idea is out (though you can fit alot of people in one car. We managed to get HypeOdermic Studios, part of Mindwarp and part of Random Variable in the Wonka mobile ;) ), but we realy all should do something. Any suggestions? Ive never been to AWA so I dont know the area at all.

Return to “AMV Contests”