Oni-Con Promo Contest!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:56 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
moonglaive wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for advertising this contest?
Posting here and the AMV mailing list is a good start. Also, make sure there is some mention about it on your website in nice big letters. Since I live in the TX, I'll probably entering this contest and maybe going. Lemme know if you need any help with an AMV panel. :D

Same here, I live in Austin TX and will be glad to enter videos as well as help out with an amv panel.

Road trip with the Milos yet again! 8)

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:34 pm

MJ recently brought to my attention that this con is in 10/04. Is there any reason you're having the contest so early? I mean, it's great that you're doing this (and looks like you guys will run it well), but do you guys really wanna show our videos that would be a year (or more) old? By 10/04, we'll probably all have new material to show. Just curious...

Daniel ^_^
Ninja Gaijin Productions

moonglaive
Org Profile

Post by moonglaive » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:39 am

Since its so far away, we trying to get people interested in it now. And how many videos do you know of that are a year old that people still watch and love? So, yes we'll want to show them ^_^

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:11 am

Since its so far away, we trying to get people interested in it now. And how many videos do you know of that are a year old that people still watch and love? So, yes we'll want to show them ^_^
Well alright. I just know the guys in the TX area and just know they'll have new stuff to show by 10/04, not to say that their stuff isn't good already though ^_^

Daniel ^_^
Ninja Gaijin Productions

moonglaive
Org Profile

Wheee!!

Post by moonglaive » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:26 pm

I have an entry!! I'm gonna bring this back up to the top so that it gets some more attention....MWAHAHAHA

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Re: Wheee!!

Post by dwchang » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:24 pm

moonglaive wrote:I have an entry!! I'm gonna bring this back up to the top so that it gets some more attention....MWAHAHAHA
I still suggest taking entries later (closer to the con) since we'll all have tons of new stuff by then. I have new videos I could submit, but well....a year from now I guarantee each of us will have two or three new vids (esp. since it's right after AWA) that we'd rather showcase....just a suggestion.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

moonglaive
Org Profile

Post by moonglaive » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:33 am

We will do that. We have two contests...one now for the people interested...and the main one for the actual convention.

The promotional contest will have time at the convention as well though. We will show the entries ^_^

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:35 am

moonglaive wrote:We will do that. We have two contests...one now for the people interested...and the main one for the actual convention.

The promotional contest will have time at the convention as well though. We will show the entries ^_^
Alright that makes sense. I was worried that you were only going ot have this contest and showcase our work that is a year old. I don't any of us will argue against having two contests and seeing our older works on a large screen.
-Daniel

moonglaive
Org Profile

Post by moonglaive » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:38 am

I guess I should say we're looking for a way to promote the convention by involving people in it. And contests are a good way to do that.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:44 am

moonglaive wrote:I guess I should say we're looking for a way to promote the convention by involving people in it. And contests are a good way to do that.
(nod)
-Daniel

Return to “AMV Contests”