Advanced Police of Truth Ver. 1.0 Alpha uploaded

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
KLin
Org Profile

Advanced Police of Truth Ver. 1.0 Alpha uploaded

Post by KLin » Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:25 pm

My fifth AMV, but first one to use Premiere, Digital Effects, DVD footage, and my first techno-action video to boot. Took much longer with this one because the songs were very beat-intensive.

It showcases the brand new anime (to the database) "A.D. Police TV - To Protect and Serve' (henceforth shortened to ADP TV) and one(two?) of the best (In my opinion) Two-Mix song(s). It's actually 2 different versions audially mixed together, don't worry words are in English (or is that Engrish?). Lots of gun-fighting, lots of drama, I consider it my tribute to a strangely unpopular series. (Go buy it, 12 episodes only $30, definately worth it! :)

As mentioned, digital effects are used including a lot of strobe variations. SO EPILLEPTIC SEIZURE WARNING goes here.

Also, tomorrow is my Birthday, but you don't have to feel obligated to do a birthday review for me. *Watches the bandwidth go out the window, ack!*

linkage: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... hp?v=10038

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:29 pm

Alpha = pre-release = incomplete feature set. If your video is at version 1.0 and is at the release tage, then it's not an "alpha" video. :-)
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

KLin
Org Profile

Post by KLin » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:14 pm

I never announce or upload incomplete videos. The version numbers and greek letters are just to show how satisfied I am with the video and whether or not I plan on improving it.

If people don't have the patience/intelligence (ouch, sounds harsh) to figure that out by looking at the file size/and/or my lengthy descriptions, I don't think they'll leave very intelligent and lengthy reviews anyhow so this cuts down on 'wasted bandwidth.' Sound pretty mean I know, but it usually works.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:17 pm

But it's not an alpha video. :-)
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

KLin
Org Profile

Well, it is to me, so there! :D

Post by KLin » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:23 pm

Oh, and while I'm replying, let me state here as well that you need DivX 5.02 codec to view this video because that's how I compressed it save server space. (Sorry Mac folks, email me if you really want the 120 MB MPEG though... ^^; )

Let's see just how many people can figure out where to download the codec too. :>

KLin
Org Profile

Post by KLin » Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:46 am

Aww, no one wished me a Happy Birthday yesterday. :(

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:18 pm

KLin wrote:Aww, no one wished me a Happy Birthday yesterday. :(
D'oh! We had no idea. =P Happy late b-day! ^_^

KLin
Org Profile

Post by KLin » Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:54 am

Thanks mj, anyway enough about my coming of age. Omega version is going to be uploaded later this afternoon. Features some more effects (mostly new or altered strobes, one instance of Ghosting) two new violin scenes as overlays, 'cleaner cross fades' And slightly better quality than the previous version. This version will be it for awhile, I do plan to improve it again in maybe another year, but that version will probably be version 2.0 or the remastered version. :)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”