Post by kthulhu » Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:20 pm

akatoro wrote:Klinky, are you a woman?
What makes you wonder that here?
I'm out...

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:43 pm

Both Trigun and bebop are incredible series but I'd have to go with Bebop just because of it's style. However if you can't decide buy em both!
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:05 pm

UncleMilo wrote:Though I have seen VERY little of Trigun, I just don't think it's going to have the power and impact that Cowboy Bebop had for me.
- I just finished the series fairly recently. Give it a shot.

How much have you seen, anyway? I'm just curious.
UncleMilo wrote:...and it is the only dub that I actually prefer the dub over the Japanese...
-I'm in the process of watching the Bebop sub for the first time, and although I have only seen two eps thus far, I am so far agreeing with you on that point.

As for the original question, well, I haven't seen Escaflowne, but I have seen Trigun and Bebop. I love both of them, and it's hard to choose between the two, but I think I would choose Bebop if I had to make a decision. Bebop's overall style is just so slick and the series as a whole is simply breathtaking.

But, Bebop is very hard to beat.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:11 pm

I myself have seen all three of thoes series ^^

This is the order that I would put them in.

Trigun. Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop

Trigun starts as a comedy anime....but it certainly doens't end up that way...it is by far one of the BEST anime series out there...I'd recomend it to anyone....the first 4 eps or so are kinda slow but funny ^^ The series is really really good....

Escaflowne is well...umm...good and all but it's no where near my faves list.

Bebop, is good not really my thing, but it's kinda like Trigun. Funny/Serious. I actually found the first half of the series really boring. But thankfully it picked up. It got really good at the end and the movie kicked the series ass...

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:52 pm

Well, I already own both the Bebop and Trigun boxed sets.
sooo....I guess I'd go with the Escaflowne boxed set.

While I love all three of these series to death, I'd have to say that Bebop is my favorite. It's story is complex but subtle enough for everyone to catch on to it. There's tons of little details within every episode that give lots of reason to rewatch them as well. The music is spectacular, the animation and art are gorgeous, and the characters are some of the best ever painted on celluloid.
And yes, the movie does indeed RULE!!

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:02 am

Hakura wrote:Trigun starts as a comedy anime....but it certainly doens't end up that way...
This is true of many anime.

Rayearth certainly has a darker ending than you would have expected given the sugary nature of the start.

Fushigi Yugi is very funny in the first few eps, but by the end of Season 1, you can't believe it's the same show.

I'll be an Angel is the last show you'd EVER think would get serious by the end... and yet, I was floored by the power of the last episodes.

Just throwing thoughts out...

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

FlashGordon33
Org Profile

Post by FlashGordon33 » Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:54 am

What a Question. Of course Cowboy Bebop. Its one of the best Animes you could see. And the Money that the money you have to pay for a dvd are a good investigation

stormychef
Org Profile

Post by stormychef » Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:00 am

kthulhu wrote:
On a faceless medium such as this it shouldn't really matter if male, female, blond, brunette...

Trigun, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop...And Trigun ending is by far the best, I didn't like the ending of Cowboy Bebop. All 3 are great though!

stormychef
Org Profile

Post by stormychef » Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:07 am

kthulhu wrote:
On a faceless medium such as this it shouldn't really matter if male, female, blond, brunette...

Trigun, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop...And Trigun ending is by far the best, I didn't like the ending of Cowboy Bebop. All 3 are great though!

akatoro
Org Profile

Post by akatoro » Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:39 am

It's just that the avatars are so confusing when it comes to pondering on the writer. Personally I see the avatar writing the text so I was only curious. And no I do not believe that the gender, colour or whatever matters but I am sorry if I made it look like that or if I offended anyone. :?
People that rocks my socks: Uncle Milo
AnimeJedi
MistyCaldwell

Return to “General Anime”