Sinime
Org Profile

Post by Sinime » Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:10 pm

It's a little messy, but...

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:17 pm

That looks like what....

Ash edited into the Perfect Blue rape scene or something?

~klinky

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:27 pm

klinky wrote:That looks like what....

Ash edited into the Perfect Blue rape scene or something?

~klinky
LOL! That's genius!! ^_^

Sinime
Org Profile

Post by Sinime » Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:01 am

Yes it is ash in the rap scene.... http://users2.ev1.net/~sinime/animevideos/index.htm

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:43 am

Mechaman wrote:Of course, telling my dad about it today results in a "Well, our hardware guys say that they can't do the level of resolution that a CRT can.." (?)
I guess I'll have to hit the stores and see if I can feel them out.

Anyways, has anybody had experience with the new Athlon MP processors? I'm interested in going dual-proc, and I'm torn between getting nice fast MPs on a Tyan Tiger, or going with an older dual P3 board.
I'm not really interested in overclocking, either.
Well, the res thing is pretty much bull. The Dell 2000FP has a native 1600x1200 res, and the refresh is irrelevant with DVI, use 60hz if you're going to use the VGA in.
The sony GDM F520 I previously had would do higher resolutions, but 1600x1200 was the highest it would go at 85hz refresh, that's the lowest I can stand for any length of time, therefore, the higher res modes on the sony were useless to me (2048x1536 max, or wtf ever) even at 85hz, the Sony caused eyestrain much earlier than the Dell, so there you have it, for me at least.
BTW, the GDM F520 is considered to be one of the best crt's you can buy. I say meh.

As for the other part of your question, for video editing I'm running a Tyan Tiger MP with two 1900+ MP's. I've built many systems, and let me clearly state that this one was a bitch and a half to get running and stable. I honestly don't know if I'd do it again, given the chance to get my money back and do it over.

I still can't run it with all four RAM banks filled, so I'm running with 768 MB,and a stick sitting in the desk drawer.

It had problems recognizing my CD/DVD drives as DMA Capable, even thought the drives all work fine in other machines.

You have to do screwy stuff just to get normal avi's to play properly:

1) open WMP
2) in task mgr, select the WMP process, set priority to above normal, change cpu affinity to cpu 0 only, minimize task mgr.

That's what you have to do just to play back most mpeg 4 files without skips.

Does it sound fun yet?

Bottom line: skip the dual AMD if you don't want to go through crap like this, or are not an experienced system builder.

Want more input? Have a read at http://forums.2cpu.com/index.php.

Check out all the people going through hell with dual AMD systems...
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

Mechaman
Org Profile

Post by Mechaman » Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:02 pm

Mrr...

It seems on 2CPU.com, everybody at any time has dual-proc woes of some sort.
MPX has the stability problems you mention. The (affordable)dual-P3-S boards(in addition to Intel's artificial price gouging) are using VIA, which apparently may cause problems for some users.

It seems that it's still a roll of the dice. I may just buy software right now, and wait a few months for things to stabilize/shake up some more. :(

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:56 pm

when i get home i'll post my picture of my computer at home......he he he.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:26 pm

That's my computer...

Here's another:

and no that blast of light in the right corner is not my bad digital camera, it's a ghost. :shock:

~klinky

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:44 pm

Heres my station
The blue one is my server which keeps all my amv's, and what i use to render my videos and also my dedicated winmx host for grabbing my digisubs of the net. The grey one is my editing station which is connected both monitorts A 4 port KVM alows me control these two as well as setting up others when i need to. The second monitor is the swap monitor for the machines hooked up to the KVM.

The digital jukebox
I use this one to play anything over my 100baseT network. I grab what i need off of the server in my room and display it on the TV. It also serves as my interface for my MP3's to the stereo The second season ramna box set as well as the boogiepop box set is nest to the tv on the right.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

Shulocc
Org Profile

Argggh!

Post by Shulocc » Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:46 pm

I can't believe this!!!! Check this out!

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,103649,00.asp
"Hope is the pain we feel that makes us try again"
-----Chico Science

Return to “Hardware Discussion”