AMV's with songs that have no lyrics

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:06 pm

Well,I never dissed them. I just said they could be harder to make.
I'm out...

acomalas
Org Profile

Post by acomalas » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:47 am

Kevin Caldwell's Caffeine Enconium (or however you spell it) is a very good video, but I have to say that the video Melfina picked out truly does justice for instrumental works. Thats Maboroshi for you

I think that most people are aprehensive about instrumental music videos because they simply don't listen to as much instrumental music. Either that or too many music video makers ride on lyrics instead of the music, and can't do without. Seen plenty of that..

Anyways, if you don't listen to much instrumental music, its hard to imagine other people being interested. And while its all well and good to make music videos for yourself, nothing helps navigating uncharted terrority like people telling you, "OK, that doesn't suck! now stop talking to me!" If it weren't for those I'd probably not have finished my first video, much less be a winner at-OUCH, what the...oh

Seems my attention span has reached the perimeter, and thus is about to receive horrible electric shocks through its remote collar, so I better wrap this up. After reading this thread I think I might try my hand at finishing an instrumental piece. I'll probably try something from the String Tribute to Tool to make it interesting

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:45 am

maybe perhaps some are called " trance " ... 0_0
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:29 pm

so here's another question for you, is it better to go with the beat of the music, or the lead instrument. or in the case of a song with lyrics the lyrics.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:33 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:so here's another question for you, is it better to go with the beat of the music, or the lead instrument. or in the case of a song with lyrics the lyrics.
Seems to me that would be a matter of the creator's personal taste, and depends on your personal vision/concept for the video.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:52 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:so here's another question for you, is it better to go with the beat of the music, or the lead instrument. or in the case of a song with lyrics the lyrics.
i prefer to go with the background beat in instrumental songs, otherwise I go with the lyrics.

Jamee
Org Profile

Post by Jamee » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:09 am

f you're looking for a good instrumental video, try JHU Battousai's "Citius, Artius, Fortius" video done to the Olympic theme.

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:44 pm

Well, for me it's more flexible to work with just the instruments than including the lyrics, because instrumental music don't contain specific story. I can insert whatever footage I want in a sequence (I can even make my own story, or none at all) as long as it follows the beat/mood, genre, and the whole mv looks very logical.

If I work with a song, I have to take care of both! Comedy songs maybe an exception.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:17 pm

How about a compromise?

Music with lyrics that have LONG instrumental sections between verses!

^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:03 pm

OmniStrata wrote:How about a compromise?

Music with lyrics that have LONG instrumental sections between verses!

^_^
these songs are working good, because you can build in a fight between the storyline. if the instrumental part is near the end of the song, the final-fight works very good and then the big drama scene in the end of the song.............. one method how I'm making videos....

Return to “General AMV”