ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Anime Channel

Post by ZeWrestler » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:04 pm

hey,

Check this out. Anime Channel Petition

ZeWrestler
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Sun Aug 04, 2002 2:53 pm

cool, if it works that would rock!
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:52 pm

Nobody ever pays attention to online petitions, since it's so easy to ballot-stuff.

But good luck anyway...

Yosho
Org Profile

Post by Yosho » Sun Aug 04, 2002 9:39 pm

I actually heard about something like this at Otakon. Although, I'm not sure it's the same thing. There was a booth in the dealer's room at Otakon (can't remember which one) where you could sign up for the anime channel for something like $12.95 a month. (??just guessing??)
-Brick Wall Productions

"It takes a man very confortable with his heterosexuality to have sex with another man!"
-Jeremy "Donny Gayeman" Simmons

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:13 pm

that sounds cool Mike, do you remember anything else about it?
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:35 am

Wouldn't this be bad ZeWrestler? You know how MTV kills music ... well ... think of the same way as an Anime Channel ...
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:13 am

It would only kill it for those who are into anime that is unknown because its unknown, and get out of stuff when it becomes mainstream. What would those poor bastards do if everything went mainstream?
I'd be happy.
They'd be like "Dude, everyone likes anime. I only do stuff that nobody else does."

What a bunch of fucking posers. I hate people who stop watching stuff because its on Cartoon Network. That's gay.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:19 am

projekt_navi wrote:Wouldn't this be bad ZeWrestler? You know how MTV kills music ... well ... think of the same way as an Anime Channel ...
An anime series is chronological media.Each episode has some relation to the series as a whole,and typically furthers the story/plot.Playing it over and over again and out of order is bad from a programming viewpoint.

A bigger question is how do you satisfy otaku who have seen most big series,many lesser known ones,and are most likely to subscribe?My idea: contract some fansub groups and negotiate licensing with the original copyright holders in Japan.

Either way,an anime and anime related network would be cool.Have a prime time AMV show maybe,show the biggies,and have viewers vote....show uncensored stuff after midnight....

Yes,yes,that'd rock ass.
I'm out...

Heero_Yuy
Org Profile

Post by Heero_Yuy » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:52 am

Having an anime channel would kick ass... People like me ( who cant afford to go out and buy anime) could actually see shows like Trigun and Evangelion... But if it turned out like MTV and showed stupid shit... id quit paying for it....

Squall3X
Org Profile

HOWABOUT: GET REAL

Post by Squall3X » Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:47 am

Sure, that would be awsome if there was an anime channel. but do you honestly think a stupid little petition would do it? HOWABOUT NO!
-Squall3X:
'I'd rather lose like a hero, than win button mashing.'

www.glowingquarter.tk
www.invisionfree.com/forums/Squall3X

Return to “General Anime”