How to extract FFX fmv from the PS2 DVD-ROM????

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Xenos
Org Profile

How to extract FFX fmv from the PS2 DVD-ROM????

Post by Xenos » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:47 am

Hi guys, do anyone know how to extract a FFX fmv from the PS2 DVD-ROM? With which progam? plz help me

i can do it for FF7 to ff9 with psxviewer but since FFX is a PS2-game i don't know any program to do it. thx a lot

xenos.

burntoast
Org Profile

Post by burntoast » Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:21 pm

Hi, this is a topic discussed in a lotta previous threads, so u might wanna look for them using the Search function above. More specifically, go to "Search" (within the blue-colored menu up top), type in "ps2 rip" or something similar next to "Search for Keywords", click the button next to "Search for all terms", and then search away. :)

I've also posted on these types of topics many times b4, but I think my opinions don't really help many ppl.. I don't even have a PS2, or better yet, FFX. :?

But in order to rip FMVs off of PS2 discs, I think you might have to use a program called PSS Plex. It involves splitting .pss files (the pre-rendered scenes in PS2 games) into .m2v and wav files. Then I think u gotta use a seperate program in order to merge the two into an mpeg or avi file. Some ppl have trouble with it, some say it works.. But if this fails, you'll have to capture the scenes using a capture card. Anyways, PSS Plex is available here, but it only has the lite setup. I imagine the full setup is best to use, but I can't find it anywhere on the 'net. :evil: There might also be some PSS Plex guides if you look for them using Google or Search.com.

Here is a good thread in which Ko Oh Yoku explains the PSS Plex in more detail. The link he provides is out-of-date though. Also in that thread is another program mentioned by ek1. It seems to be able to rip a various amount of PS2 games, including FFX. It's available here, but u need to register on that site, in order to download the file..

Again, I dunno much about PS2 ripping.. but I've ripped PS game b4, so I have an interest in these types of things. :roll: Sry if this doesn't help u.
"The only one to deprive you of happiness is yourself."

Xenos
Org Profile

Post by Xenos » Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:48 am

Thx a lot

plastikman
Org Profile

Post by plastikman » Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:33 pm

i tried doing what you're but i just gave up and downloaded the footage instead ^_-

all i did was make sure that the resolution was high enough for decent quality and it turned out ok in my opinion ^_^'

Gromster
Org Profile

Post by Gromster » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:44 pm

Someone SOOO needs to get all the amvs/non-amv vids from ffx and host em. Makes everyones life easyer :) Altho im sure the site would get hammered so maynbey not a good idea ;)

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:21 am

Gromster wrote:Someone SOOO needs to get all the amvs/non-amv vids from ffx and host em. Makes everyones life easyer
Well, people have done that. At least I went to this one site that had most of the CG animations from FFX up for download. But you can only make them so good of quality if you put them on the internet. If you rip the scenes yourself you can encode them with a lossless codec like Huffyuv to make them awesome quality and then you're guarenteed to get all the scenes you want. Awesome quality like that can make the animation look much more impressive, and is entirely worth it. :wink:
ImageImage

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”