AMV's with songs that have no lyrics

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

AMV's with songs that have no lyrics

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:38 am

has it been done, how often, what is their colective quality. (do they tend to be good, bad.) and what do you think of them?

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:50 am

I do believe its called instrumental
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:56 am

yes, we know...

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:01 am

If it has a catagory it has been done.
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:15 am

Instrumental vids could be harder to do,I'd suppose. Instrumental music not only has to carry itself,but also the video footage. Double creative whammy.
I'm out...

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:17 am

I actually find them easier. I also think it's easier to carry across emotion with instrumental pieces. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:24 am

well for one thing you only have to worry aobut the instruments, not them AND the lyrics. BUT instrumentals also come carying there own set of problems.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:26 am

I don't think instrumental music is any harder than vocal music...in both cases, you must devise a coherent storyline that fits with the musical nuances, and set up your motion, mood, and coloration accordingly. (For the third piece, it helps if you can experience synesthesia :P )

I don't think that vocals really make all that much of a difference. Though speech and music are intertwined, you don't need speech to have music. (The other way around isn't really all that true.) You still have your chord structures, melodic structures, rhythmic patterns, key changes, tempo shifts...and you don't have to be a musician to use them effectively. (Though, of course, it helps. :) )

Kamoc
Org Profile

Post by Kamoc » Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:21 am

but in songs with lyrics, you always have the 'lip sync' option open.. to do for however many times and whereever many places you see fit. and trust me, do you people use that option to it's fullest extent. i swear to god, if i see one more character say the entire chorus from a song one more time, i'm gonna.. do absolutely nothing, because i have no power over what you say and/or do, so all i can do is just bitch and complain and hope someone out there listens to this simple phrase: STOP. IT. it doesn't matter how you intereperet that phrase, because chances are that whatever you're doing when you think of it isn't very good to begin with.

..and doing instrumentals is far easier than doing vocal songs, because the artistic license is much broader, and unless you don't have any creativity (why the hell would you be making AMV's then), they should'nt be hard at all.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:50 am

well, I'm actually doing an AMV to an instrumental song. The advantage is that you have no lyrics, so you mustn't synch it to these. The disatvantage is that an Instrumental song doesn't fit an anime to 100 %. I belive that an instrumental amv couldn't be that as good as an amv with 100 % matching lyrics.
I think it isn't easier, because you have to hear and synch to more beats of the song. defenitly it lasts longer to make than an amv with lyrics.

Return to “General AMV”