AMV Iron Chef at ACen and Fanime

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:53 am

Quu wrote:the problem is that Iron chef is nearly a 3 hour event (the editing is 2 hours... plus introduction and judging... and setup)

that is a LARGE chunk of time to take away from the main events room at a con....

since Cosplay is usually 3 hours at a con... its alot of times a good counter blance to cosplay... since not everybody wants to see cosplay... it allows for some of the crowd to be drawn off from an already packed room....
I've been talking to Ryan about the same thing and my argument is that it doesn't need to be in the main room. I hate to be brutally honest, but this even probably won't be as popular as it was at AWA (not as many creators there), so I think a panel room or video room would be sufficient. I've talked to him about the scheduling and what's going on in the rooms, so perhaps not, but if all possible, it'd be nice to have on Friday (any time) or Sunday (any time again). I know Saturday is packed with the contest at 9 A.M. and the cosplay LINE starting at 3 p.m.

I do however see the point as to having alternative programming during the masquerade since not everyone wants to go, but...well...I'm one of the people who wants to go and I don't know what I'd choose :(. Dang this is teh sux0rs :(.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:54 am

Forgot to mention, if it were NOT during the cosplay, we could get Isaac to reprise his role as Kaga too...hmm..hmm :).

I'm also sure there is another "minor" event that could be moved and have this substituted in that room. Pretty please?
-Daniel

MaachaQ
Org Profile

Iron Chef times

Post by MaachaQ » Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:44 am

I'll be at the staff meeting this weekend, so I'll try to find out for absolutely certain when and where all the AMV events will be held. I know I can't get Main Programming at any time other than 9am-12pm on _Saturday_ for the main contest, but there will be several rescreenings. If we hold Iron Chef on Saturday night, we may be able to arrange a rescreening (as long as someone remembers to tape it ^^; ) sometime on Sunday as well. I'm afraid having any showing of Iron Chef in Main Programming is probably out of the question though, at least for this year. I think all the AMV panels are being held in the same place they were last year (the workshops room, which is the largest panel room), so hopefully that will be big enough for us.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Re: Iron Chef times

Post by dwchang » Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:39 am

MaachaQ wrote:I'll be at the staff meeting this weekend, so I'll try to find out for absolutely certain when and where all the AMV events will be held. I know I can't get Main Programming at any time other than 9am-12pm on _Saturday_ for the main contest, but there will be several rescreenings. If we hold Iron Chef on Saturday night, we may be able to arrange a rescreening (as long as someone remembers to tape it ^^; ) sometime on Sunday as well. I'm afraid having any showing of Iron Chef in Main Programming is probably out of the question though, at least for this year. I think all the AMV panels are being held in the same place they were last year (the workshops room, which is the largest panel room), so hopefully that will be big enough for us.
I've been talking to Ryan (as well as other staffers that I know personally) and I know we DEFINITELY can't get the Main Programming any time on Saturday other than 9 - 12 (which I might add sucks) since Fred Gallagher is having a panel afterwards. Also, we all know how things get at around 3 with cosplay, so essentially it's only free from 9 - 3 and like I said Fred has it aftewards...damn you Mega-Tokyo fans!!!

As for the Iron Chef, Ryan also mentioned that they want to have alternative programming during the Masquerade, but at the same time, why an event that will have some people having to make a hard choice. I hate to be mean, but isn't the alternative programming stuff that not a lot of people will go to (thus less screwing) or events that are going on twice (like the AMV contest re-screening)? I surely hope they reschedule this to something like Saturday in the day or ANY time Sunday. I have mentioned it, but at the same time I don't know the finalized schedule and what's going on. I do however know we don't need a HUGE room for this and I'm hoping there's SOMETHING open at other times.

Perhaps the idea of a 4 day con isn't such a bad idea ;).
-Daniel

Return to “AMV Contests”