AMV Iron Chef at ACen and Fanime

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Quu
Org Profile

AMV Iron Chef at ACen and Fanime

Post by Quu » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:20 pm

Well... both are official now...

Fanime has been official for a while... and ACen just confirmed with me

I will be running the Iron Chef Video Editing Challenge at both cons...
I mainly do the back of house stuff with it... maintain the contest its self... keeping the rules and actuall competition consitant... its up to the con to add its own flavor to the presentation...

so far...
Fanime (Sponsoered by Manga Entertainment)
Theme (tenative) - guns
Iron Chef - ErMaC
Challenger - Doki Doki Production

ACen
Theme - no idea yet
Iron Chef - Outlaw Production
Challenger - no idea yet

When i first started doing the iron chef at AWA i had lots of peopel ask me if they could be on the contest... well... now that other cons are also running it will be easier for me to add more people...

please note that this is not AWA taking over other cons... I run OtakuVideo which is me and a couple other people who help out convnetions with AMV and video services... AWA happens to be my home con... so it gets the royal treatment... I don't force the anythign on any con I help out... in fact i don't want to.... i want each con to have its own flavor... its own spin on things... i am here only to keep the technical aspects consitant, and to maintain a level playing field....

so... everybody who is goign to those conventions.... i hope to see you at the contest....

btw... Manga Entertainment is sponsoring the Fanime iron chef (I don't know if anybody is sponsoring the ACen one... i can get back to everybody about that) but they are being wonderfull about it. They are not forcing my hand in anything, not demanding any footage be used... there own words was to make it the best contest possible, not to use it soley to push manga products

and I do know about the Iron chef contest done at Ushicon and think that was wonderfull... but... this contest is done a little bit different... i will only have two contestants... and the two computers are identical... for my contest to be fair... everythign must be identical for the two editors...
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:36 pm

Sweet! Anime "Press Your Luck" and now Iron Chef at ACen! That con is just going to be an incredible amount of fun. 8)

Since I wasn't at AWA last year, do you dress up and Chairman Kaga and do lots of theatrics at the beginning and end, Quu? :wink:
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:28 pm

oooh Iron Chef! I've been wanting to see this thing live since I haerd about it at AWA last year. Looks like Acen is gonna be a blast! weee..

:D
Hi.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:54 pm

I don't dress up...

in fact you have to look to find me... I run the contest its self... not the show during the contest

since sitting there and watching people edit for two hours is boring... they basically entertain the audiance during the time period...

BigName
Org Profile

Post by BigName » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:15 pm

Holy crap on a stick, that's awesome that it's coming to fanime.... now I'm so happy I do the dance of Joy!

gavv
Org Profile

Post by gavv » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:09 pm

Quu wrote:I don't dress up...

in fact you have to look to find me... I run the contest its self... not the show during the contest

since sitting there and watching people edit for two hours is boring... they basically entertain the audiance during the time period...

We'll definitely have a different 'kaga' (if one at all ^^) than our normal Iron Guest event, as Isaac will be busy with host of masquerade duties at the time.

gavv
Ryan Gavigan

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:13 pm

gavv wrote: We'll definitely have a different 'kaga' (if one at all ^^) than our normal Iron Guest event, as Isaac will be busy with host of masquerade duties at the time.

gavv
Ryan Gavigan
O_o

The Masquerade?! The Iron Chef will be during the Masquerade?

(in Pedro from Excel Saga voice): NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

BigName
Org Profile

Post by BigName » Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:37 am

knew there had to be a catch... ah well, guess I'll just have to watch the masquerade at AX then... *grumble grumble grumble*

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:00 am

Well, hopefully the 'Masquerade Duties' mentioned are just thing like preparing for it and such and not the actual Masq. I think it would be a rather bad scheduling move to put the Masq and the Iron Chef contest opposite each other. Having them sort of integrated into each other might be amusing, timed so while the judges were off deciding the winner of the Masq. the final few minutes of the Iron Chef editing would be on center stage and then have the viewing, commentary, and decision on it as the entertainment until the Masq judges were back. Though this would kind of suck for the two editors, who would have to miss seeing the Masq (or at least had better be paying attention to their monitors and not the skits if they'd want a decent video!).
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:50 am

the problem is that Iron chef is nearly a 3 hour event (the editing is 2 hours... plus introduction and judging... and setup)

that is a LARGE chunk of time to take away from the main events room at a con....

since Cosplay is usually 3 hours at a con... its alot of times a good counter blance to cosplay... since not everybody wants to see cosplay... it allows for some of the crowd to be drawn off from an already packed room....

Return to “AMV Contests”