MY DUB RANT (Sailor Moon mostly, but other dubs a little)

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jul 31, 2002 10:54 pm

check out http://www.tenament.com/garylisk/moon/

Didn't wanna start a new thread to announce the page since it fits this thread nicely...
Cut episodes. Butchered episodes. We got 'em all! :P
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:08 pm

The best example of a dub is slayers. The american voice actors are way better than the japanese ones for the characters. The Tenchi dub rules! Want proof when he opens the door and mihoshi is outside in her battle armor tenchi says Ryoko its for you! in the sub he says something like ahh or something stupid like that. Worst example of a dub would be love hina.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:58 am

Ummm actually, there's quite a few voices in the Slayers dub I can't stand.. Where-as the original voices are great if you ask me.

The best examples are from season 1... In particular Gourry's childhood friend whose name escapes me.. her voice actress did not have any emotion in her voice whatsoever.. always monotone and dumb.

Also, I prefer the VA for Lina in the ADV dubs (Movies, OVAs, etc..) than the TV series Lina.

Oh yeah, and Gourry should NOT sound like a surfer. It's like Surfer Goku, but in a show I actually like a lot! Don't make me make a wave file about Gourry catching some gnarly waves ;P

Apart from that, the Slayers dub is great.

Tenchi dub: Yes does indeed rock.

BTW don't trust the subtitles, they're 80% wrong in all the Tenchi stuff. Don't claim that Japanese VA's are saying something unless you've translated the Japanese yourself... (He does NOT say "Ah!" when opening the door... although I will admit, "Ryoko, it's for you!" is damn funny :P )

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:29 pm

Gourry sounds way better in the dub surfer or not. And cynthia martinez does a nice lina but not near as good as Lisa ortiz but both are better linas than megumi!. The first voice actors for Amelia and zelgadis sucked but they are replaced early on.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:09 am

Holy crap, dude. How the holy flying flaming smoking rat fuck are you gonna say that any english VA has ANYTHING on Megumi Hayashibara? You think both English Language Linas are better than Hayashibara-sama as Lina? You're out of your damn mind!

I have a friend who thinks that way, too. She saw the Slayers dub before the original version. She got used to the dub voices.. so the normal voices sounded alien to her, and therefor she said "They're not as good..."

Well POOOOOOOOOP to that! Megumi Hayashibara is A GODDESS!

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:47 am

I don't know,I like Mitsuishi Kotono's work better.
I'm out...

Enuii
Org Profile

Post by Enuii » Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:40 am

Gary, you are so whack.

Mondo whack.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:42 am

kthulu: I like Mitsuishi Kotono better than Megumi Hayashibara, actually.. juuuuust barely.

Enuii: You would waste your first post on something like this :P Welcome to the nuthouse!

Enuii
Org Profile

Post by Enuii » Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:58 am

Garylisk wrote:Enuii: You would waste your first post on something like this :P Welcome to the nuthouse!
Nuthouse is the admin channel on chatnet. I'd rather not be welcome there, because then I'd be one of THEM. :shock:

Mroni
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:27 am

Megumi has a little cutesy voice perfect for lime not a redhead like lina. Lisa ortiz is way better than megumi. Nuff said!!!! Dammit and david moo is great as xellos.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!

Return to “General Anime”