just hit anime puberty

Kamoc
Org Profile

Post by Kamoc » Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:35 pm

damn skippy.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:34 pm

UncleMilo wrote:I'm not going to go into it... but the EVA dub is really not very good.

The biggest problem is that the show centers on Shinji... and the English Voice Actor has openly admitted how much he hated the character...
And that,my friends,is the biggest proof that Shinji is the all time most annoying anime character.When the dub VA doesn't like the character,instead of just not giving a rat's ass about it like they usually do,then you've got problems.[/i]
I'm out...

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:27 pm

I think spike spencer is a big fat lamer anyways.... his comments

"dude it's just a cartoon" towards us otaku anime fans is so shitty.

That's problem with American VA's they're anime-stupid.

The gifted Allison Keith(and she's only gifted when doing the MISATO VOICE!) didn't even know what anime was before she did VA on her first anime and she doesn't really care afterwards...

Japan VA's see Voice Acting as a career. American VA's see it as a inbetween before they get on broadway or in a movie :roll:.

Yeah you can't act in a believable manner with your voice, how are you going to do when you're on camera...

yeah yeah...

~klinky

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:53 pm

That's why I watch subs ^^
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:00 pm

Crispin freeman is a bigtime otaku he was into anime and got into voice acting that way. Some american voice actors love their work.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:25 pm

Mroni wrote:Crispin freeman is a bigtime otaku he was into anime and got into voice acting that way. Some american voice actors love their work.

Mr Oni

Then why do they still SUCK

~klinky

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:23 pm

Crispin freeman is a bigtime otaku he was into anime and got into voice acting that way. Some american voice actors love their work.

true...Crispin has always been the only person in the dubbing industry that i know a bit about and still like. although i havent heard his dub voice much cuz i dont watch dubs

Schu no ko
Org Profile

Post by Schu no ko » Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:37 am

He's Alucard ^_^ I glomped him in his Alucard costume at AX and he signed my Rabid Fangirl shirt I was getting people to sign ^_^ Very nice guy (and a good hugger to boot). And he does the little Alucard laugh perfectly.

treehugnhippy
Org Profile

Akira

Post by treehugnhippy » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:26 am

Back to the original topic (sorta), I really liked Akira when I first saw it. It was one of my first real anime titles. Many years later I can still enjoy it on DVD while I find that most people bash it. Why is that? Do those who dislike Akira have a problem with the animation, or the story, or the characters or.... or what?

The storyline of Akira was really quite good for the time constraints of a movie and not a series. And I liked the animation.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:23 pm

The Real Bout High School dubs are pretty good. But, original japanese with subtitles will always be better in most any anime you watch!! :lol:

Akira is really good!! I have one of the DVD metal collector's cases. Jin-Roh is pretty good as well. Man, I could go on and on about which anime I like to watch. That's not the issue... is it? :?
ImageImage

Return to “General Anime”