When you plan to Create a Vid do you write it in a Script?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
leathelanime
Org Profile

When you plan to Create a Vid do you write it in a Script?

Post by leathelanime » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:03 am

I just started using a note book to make scripts for my vids.At first I just used my Brain to make the vids but I found that the brain is only good for the moment....Jest last night I scripted out 12 different amv's...The scripts had the name,songs,Plots,themes you name it and I wrote down the lyrics and Matched them with different scenes of the Different animes......Now all i need to do is make the damn vids....but im so lazy...

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:06 am

does it make me a nub that i listen to the song while making it...over and over and over and over??? i cant read and make at the same time, i need the song emotion rather than the text, then after ive got that ill throw some chit together that does well with the text..afterwords im left with 15 seconds of amv, and 6 hours lost

hehe
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:09 am

I still just use my head. It seems to be working pretty well for me - I don't forget ideas and I can remember exactly how I want each scene to look , which is useful.

I'm not organised enough to use notes, I'll stick to my brain for now I think.

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:14 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:I still just use my head. It seems to be working pretty well for me - I don't forget ideas and I can remember exactly how I want each scene to look , which is useful.

I'm not organised enough to use notes, I'll stick to my brain for now I think.

My mind works lie that 2 but......I think of videos at random....so I have to use the script method now.....

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:36 am

I mainly use my brain but often I'll print out the lyrics and refer back to them while scanning thru footage.

fellowhoodlum
Org Profile

Post by fellowhoodlum » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:35 am

Only script I have is the lyrics of the song on the screen. Everything else is off the top of my head.

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Sat Aug 03, 2002 12:39 pm

i actually use a cross between AD's and lethal's methods. combinded they work great for me.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:11 pm

It can sometimes take me two hours to produce six seconds of video. The primary reason for that is that I like to backtrack, listen to the music I'm listening to (over and over again), listen to other music for other inspiration, look at rendered sections of my video thus far -- just to see how they all play together.

I'll usually have a germ of an idea of the storyline I want to convey and the themes I want to put in the video. But the actual timeline, to a large extent, pretty much writes itself.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Aug 03, 2002 6:54 pm

Now I do suck, but this is how my mental processes work:

1. Happen to be listening to a song along the regular path of my day, when it reminds me of an image or theme or thought or whathaveyou.

2. Listen to it again heavily over the next week or so (once or twice a day) and let the images play in my mind. Listen more closely to see if anything else fits, and if so, how.

3. Write general note about the idea, like "Maybe a(n) (anime) video to (song), with a (blah) sort of feel to it, focusing on blah and how blah develops" or somesuch.

4. Repeat step 3, less often, for a few months. [which means that at any given time there are probably six different "videos" ready to cue up in my head, and probably a dozen more that aren't anime, from my own writing projects or whatever - it's how I amuse myself on long car trips. ^_~]

This is where 99.9% of everything stalls. Riiiight here.

5. Decide that I really COULD give this a shot.

6. Capture source. In bulk.

7. Copy the lyrics into a text file. Add in notes on images or (try [idea] here) if I think I'm not going to remember that particular fleeting thought, or if it seems especially interesting.

8. Meanwhile, keep listening.

9. Start editing, i.e. stick in the major points of interest as they were mapped out in my head, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

...and there it is.

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:05 pm

I actually tried scripting stuff to the lyrics before, but I found it more comfortable and interesting to just edit the video it by ear. The faster I open up premiere and start editing, and less pre-planning I do, the easier it is for the video to be completed.

I never really capture footage for any of my videos per se. I always copy the whole whackus onto my HDD. Saves time, keeps things flexible.

Return to “General AMV”