What style of aniem do you like most

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:38 pm

Ugh...I can't stand cutesy anime. I'm more of a fan of occult/horror and realistically styled anime.

I'm particularly fond of the animation styles in JinRoh, the first segment of Memories (Magnetic Rose), Ghost in the Shell (I hate how they're making the new series look 'anime-ish'), Blood, Rurouni Kenshin OVAs, Cowboy Bebop (especially the movie. WOW! ), Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress, and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

If they make more anime with art stylings like those, I'll be flocking to see them.

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:25 pm

Realistically styled anime lol!!!!!

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:48 pm

which style....?

uhm...the kind where they draw characters and put a voice actor to them?

:D:D:D:D
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:09 pm

I personally don't care about the artistic style as long as the story is good. Great example is Love Hina. Very cute style. I like it. I hate the premise and script. I quit watching it after about five episodes.

As long as it follows my usual tastes - no giant robots (I'm not a thirteen year old male, thank you, I have no fascination with symbolic wang-waving contests), no "boring guy that every girl in the show wants to bonk for no apparent reason except that the viewers identify with him and so live vicariously through him in some sad little way" character, no gratuitous and random throwing-in of Christian religious terms for no apparent reason other than that it makes people think it's "deep" ... then I'm game.

And yes, that pretty much rules out Evangelion. ;) Though, again, I do like the artistic style there.

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:22 pm

ok my favorite style of anime would be the style they used in berserk because the swords and armor looked awsome. but when you get into it thats just personal preferance.

cowboy bebop is definitly an excelent anime drawing wise. the animation is perfect, the guns are done really well.

but the animation in trigun is almost perfect. it's close to cowboy bebop acuracy. but they're not afraid to throw in big badly drawn cartoon heads which is absolutly hilariuos. plus it probably gives the animators a break so the next frames are better than the ones before the big heads.
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:26 pm

sorry i forgot to say this... CG IS NOT i repeat NOT a form of anime. it is done on computers and i imagine requires half the skill of normal animation, now i'm not so anal that i would frown on an anime that used cg but an entirley cg movie is not anime to me. ziods pushes the envolop but it's a good anime so it's ok but things like pilot candidate that aren't any good on there own could never be good by adding cheep CG fights
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:05 pm

No for me the cuter the style the better. Animes like slayers Ranma and urusei yatsura. The anime must have cute chicks and a good plot and all the animes above qualify for that. I have just seen an anime called Dna 2 that has cute chicks in it and is really funny. I don't see the point of watching artistic pshycobabble. Plenty of american movie makers out there for that kind of stuff. For example Dual meets my requirements for an anime Cute chicks,Funny,mechs no boring pshycobabble. Eva does not it has cute chicks,funny, but in the end turns into boring psychobabble.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

LionHeart_ZerO
Org Profile

Post by LionHeart_ZerO » Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:23 pm

Well... I would have to go with Ah! My Goddess and Love Hina drawings. BellDandy and Naru are SOOOOOOOO HOT, Especially BellDandy... ahem... Xcuse me... I mean, the coloring and drawing of the two animes are very nice, clear and well done. Yes Belldandy is drawn very well.

But other than the cute stuff, I would have to say Trigun or Cowboy Bebop are good. But in all essence, I think I like all anime drawings, except drawings that are blurry and too dark... and anime girls that are EXTREMELY big breasted, hentai fans should know what I am talking about...
I am LionHeart and I realized I am the only one without an Avatar...

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:01 am

Gatsthedarksword wrote:sorry i forgot to say this... CG IS NOT i repeat NOT a form of anime. it is done on computers and i imagine requires half the skill of normal animation, now i'm not so anal that i would frown on an anime that used cg but an entirley cg movie is not anime to me. ziods pushes the envolop but it's a good anime so it's ok but things like pilot candidate that aren't any good on there own could never be good by adding cheep CG fights
Update dude,cel animation isn't done much anymore if at all. Things are still drawn, but all colour and effects are Computer Generated now.
If CG is done in Japan, it technically is anime.
Remember that in Japan anime refers to animation, from anywhere, period, and that here it refers to any animation from Japan, even CG animation.
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:08 pm

still in my personal opinion non cg anime looks better
Bruce Lee.

Return to “General Anime”