My Little Pony

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
acomalas
Org Profile

My Little Pony

Post by acomalas » Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:30 pm

The topic might make you think this is for my video tribute to the baby-eating horse from Starbright, but alas the RMs will not convert. SO, instead here is a link to the video that won Best In Serious/Dramatic at Otakon2002, or so my trophy says. Or someone's trophy, anyways

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=5859

Anime: Flucle (or FLCL as you might have been mistakenly told)
Sons: Nine Inch Nails by The Perfect Drug

The video is a song about the tough life, growing up in the inner city suburbs, having to kill your own sister just to survive. It also has a naked man with a guitar for an intro. Kind of like a horrible live-action Noata. But don't worry kids, its Otakon-child-and-warlus approved. Unless I switched it for the real one...hmm

Anyways, lot of people have been very cool towards the vid, even if all the people who write ten page convention summaries have sworn to never make mention of it. So watch it, because I said so and I'm obviously smart, because hey, I make music videos. Also, if I get enough hits the hosting server will probably go up in really pretty flames, ridding the world of the video forever. Win/Win

lamer5
Org Profile

Re: My Little Pony

Post by lamer5 » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:17 pm

acomalas wrote:The topic might make you think this is for my video tribute to the baby-eating horse from Starbright, but alas the RMs will not convert.
Hey cuntclown, didn't you mean Rainbow Brite, the show in which Starlight is a baby eating horse? :mrgreen:

acomalas
Org Profile

Post by acomalas » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:24 pm

Hey, at least _I_ understand what I'm talking about. Sides, how many people actually remember Starlight?

...enough to still sell it on ebay..I stand corrected

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:09 am

Shouldn't that be "The Perfect Drug" by Nine Inch Nails,not the other way around?
I'm out...

acomalas
Org Profile

Post by acomalas » Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:42 am

Sorry, you are mistaken. Its probably a personal problem. To reinstate, I am doing a music video to Flucle, with music by Perfect Drug and to the song Nine Inch Nails. Just cuz I make one mistake about an 80's cartoon doesn't give you people free rein to go making up stuff, only I can do that. Unless the rein is properly compensated in a monetary fashion, in which case some leeway may apply. Though I am not sure exactly how one makes a rein deposit...probably paypal or something....let me get back to you on that

jbone
Org Profile

Re: My Little Pony

Post by jbone » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:37 am

acomalas wrote:Anime: Flucle (or FLCL as you might have been mistakenly told)
ROFLMAO

And what makes you the authority on the correctly way to pronounce "FLCL?"

It's just "F L C L," man. Get over it. :-P

acomalas
Org Profile

Post by acomalas » Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:01 am

And what makes you the authority on the correctly way to pronounce "FLCL?"
Oh nothing, just the Yantai Municipal Bureau of Land Administration!! Oh, Looks like YOU got burned! And now I am left to wonder at your credentials as to the "correctly way" of pronouncing my favorite animated short film about the Japanese Depression of 1775, Flucle. Will anyone be able to shine some light on this?

Oh, and the video is now hosted on servers that go about 160K/s, but only for this week!
What?! A week, thats crazy!
But thats not all, I'm even including A DIRECT LINKto it RIGHT HERE. I must be certifiable insane!
CALL NOW WHILE I AM OFF THE MEDICATION OR FOREVER MISS OUT ON THIS ONCE IN SIX LIFETIME OFFER. OMGWTFBBQ!!!

Ahem, yeah.

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:09 am

Sigh, is it in the human spirit to pick a fight, or just in it to be stupid in the face of absolute nothingness
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:11 am

arg, hit the enter button and it submitted....grrr....

To handle the initial rush of people downloading this video, I have set up a second serving on my fileboxes. It'll be there for only a week, so psi can have some spare bandwidth and people don't have to wait 10 hours for the download. If you don't know what to do with multi-part rar files, use the main link below.
I think ill wait till your huge demand is over....
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

acomalas
Org Profile

Post by acomalas » Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:11 am

uh..huh...so you post, if I have this right, you post philosophical drivel, granted I may have left something out, on a website forum for people, though I am pretty sure I'm on track, who pirate, I mean own, Adobe Premiere and an internet connection. I am sorry to inform you that you are either insane, or have just got a few things out of proportion in your perspective, which to be honest is perfectly normal. Its worked for me

I love the quote feature!
I think ill wait till your huge demand is over....
For just a moment's worth of clarity, is this a rude condescending jab at me, or simply you saying you'll wait until I remove my fast hosting to download my video? I'm perfectly joe either way, I just thought it would be interesting to know! Facts are fun!

Now people, lets stay serious here. Any horseplay is strictly prohibited, and I hope you all can behave in a mature fashion like I am. HEY, stop that, see, this is why we can't take you places or have nice things!!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”