Newbies: How to make your first AMV

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
kearlywi
Location: University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (Recording Arts Major)
Org Profile

Post by kearlywi » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:59 am

omnikai wrote: I'm using Adobe Premiere (ver6 I think) and I find it works quite well and wasn't too hard to learn. If you haven't tried it yet you should definitely give it a try.
Is there anyway to sample adobe premiere 6.0 without sinking $550 into it? if not what is the BEST free/sample video editing program out there? I want opinions people! :wink:

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:33 am

AIST MovieXone
I've never used it, but people have recommended it. And it's free.

Reviews of it are on the Software page (the link is on your Member Home Page).

omnikai
Org Profile

Continuing...

Post by omnikai » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:03 pm

I figured out the submission thingy. Ridiculously easy, I just hadn't signed in yet... Oh well.

Can anyone answer my question about Xvid?
Blade's Edge - Home of the True Edge Series
*www.blades-edge.tk*

canon
Org Profile

PS2 stuff

Post by canon » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:15 pm

Hey everyone! im a newbie to this site but not that much of a newbie when it comes to making AMV's I have helped my friend out a lot. But I have one maybe simple question. :oops: What I need to know is how does everyone get their images from Final Fantasy games? I mean, I can get a little bit of media from Kazaa but not nearly everything to put into a video. If anyone could help me with that one I would apreciate it! I look foreward to getting involved with this site! thanks!

-Canon

omnikai
Org Profile

Post by omnikai » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:49 am

www.rpgicons.com has a massive database of old-school RPG sprites.

Hope that helps ^_^
*www.blades-edge.tk*

omnikai
Org Profile

Post by omnikai » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:51 am

Unless you looking for VIDEO source... That's entirely different. The PC version of FF7 had it's videos in .avi format but it needed a special codec (that came with the game). If you have the PSX game there are various programs you can use to rip the videos off the PSX CD.
*www.blades-edge.tk*

Tidus_F_F_X
Org Profile

Post by Tidus_F_F_X » Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:58 pm

Hey
Im new to the whole amv "family" but i've made avm's befor. i think it's really great that u guys r helping people, and i need sum help. i read the code of conduct and everything. i just need to know :?: how to get videos off my ffx disc and onto my computor??? :?:

I would perfer it if u guys emailed me with the answer

me2_the_xtreme@hotmail.com

V3n0m
Org Profile

Post by V3n0m » Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:29 am

im wondering how i should go about trying to perfectly edit 2 ppl in a different scenery, sumbody pls respond... this question scared 3 ppl away before
Balance is the Universe
and universe is province
Ever Stare Directly into a SaiyanZ Eye?
http://www.saiyanz-venom.com

Pierrot Le Fou
Org Profile

Post by Pierrot Le Fou » Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:48 pm

Venom: You would have to use photoshop or a similar program and do
it frame by frame by cutting the chars out of one frame and splicing them
into the next.

Beefmaster10000
Org Profile

Post by Beefmaster10000 » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:19 pm

Okay, I will finally be able to make my very first music video, because I have a new computer, and it is a beauty!

However, I am having a problem with my DVD footage. Well, not really with the footage, just when I use it in the video editing program. Okay, I imported a file using the guidelines for editing programs to accept DVD ripped footage. Though, when I import it it does work, but in the preview screen at the right I press play, and it shows only the first five seconds of the footage. Plus, the imported file only has a picture of one scene, instead of many. probably because I am using a text document.

I wanted to know if that was normal for the preview screen to only play the first five seconds. I really need to know. I am using Windows movie maker for my video editing.

If this is normal, then what do I do to get at all the scenes? I looked through the guide, and I am sort of lost on where I should be looking.

Return to “General AMV”