Wow, no American Release Death and Rebirth Topic?

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:48 am

hence I'm going to hang on to my bootleg copy as well. Only noticable on pc's huh? bastards.

Yeh, I'm kind of wondering if they're going to include the EoE stuff from this disc on the offical EoE release.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:50 am

Well, if they didn't it would mean that instead of having Death and Rebirth and End of Eva on DVD you would have Death and Beginning of End of Eva and End of End of Eva on DVD.

:shock:

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:07 am

Yea i'm with klinky, the first eva movie is an actual movie .. where this movie is just a recap .. i dont like recaps >_<
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:18 am

projekt_navi wrote:Yea i'm with klinky, the first eva movie is an actual movie .. where this movie is just a recap .. i dont like recaps >_<
Death IS the first eva movie. It is also a recap, although done in a much more serious way than the series was originally presented.

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:55 pm

I love the English version of End of Evangelion especially when Shinji says that he is fucked up, that was so damn funny. Trust me End of Eva is so much better in English and I cant wait until its "officially" released. As far as death and rebirth go, its ok but I really hate re-caps.

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:04 pm

Hmm, I've been thinking about getting it this weekend (hell, it's cheaper to buy that version then the HK version), but I already got MKR, RK OVA & Tenchi Forever in this week so I guess I can wait. o_o;

Beefmaster10000
Org Profile

Post by Beefmaster10000 » Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:08 am

You people don't get it, do you? I am not just some dumb anime fan that can't tell a Bootleg from the real deal. For your information the won I won on Ebay IS the REAL DEAL. The real Manga release. Bootlegs suck, and I can tell very well what is bootleg or not because I actually do my research into anime, and this includes Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Also, if this isn't the real Rebirth on the DVD, then who cares right? I will be getting End of Evangelion as well, so its all good, and you said it was basically End of Evangelion, right?

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:17 am

Death and Rebirth was hardly worth watching.

Don't waste your money on the DVD domestically.. get a fansub for 2 bucks or something. That's about all I would pay for that garbage heap of a waste of film. :P

End of Eva on the other hand is very worthwhile. It's one of the only Eva things I like at all. :P
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Beefmaster10000
Org Profile

Post by Beefmaster10000 » Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:59 am

fansubs suck! I much prefer the dubs. I don't waist money on worthless piles of cheap, poorly done subs of hell.

Did I piss you off yet, sub fan?

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Aug 03, 2002 5:22 am

Not really. I don't get pissed off at other people's opinions.

Furthermore I am not a sub fan, I am a fan of the show as it was meant to be viewed and heard.

Furthermore, I'd rather watch a show a lot sooner than its North American release with nice liner notes and subtitles done by a fansubber who care about the show instead of a company who cares about the money.

Have I torn your argument to shreds yet, dub fan?
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Return to “General Anime”