Wow, no American Release Death and Rebirth Topic?

nailz
Org Profile

Wow, no American Release Death and Rebirth Topic?

Post by nailz » Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:44 am

So, what do you think then? - I'd like to know why the FUCK they didn't make it standard 720*480 .. left that STUPID black box around it. GREAHHH!
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:49 am

The "stupid black box" is on the original Gainax release too. It's to prevent clipping on tvs - you only notice it on a PC.

I think the most objectionable thing is that it's not actually Rebirth on the disc. It's just the first mins of End of Eva. Rebirth is actually a little different to the thing you have on that DVD.

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:48 am

I'll buy the movie late ... i need more money!! :(
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

Beefmaster10000
Org Profile

Post by Beefmaster10000 » Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:51 am

HAHAHAH, I own this DVD. This is my first product of Neon Genesis Ever, and what a perfect way than by getting the brand new Death and Rebirth.

Damnit, this is so hardcore!!!!!!!! I own it, brand new, too. I won it off ebay, so I am also getting it cheaper. I am so happy, what about you people?

And if there is no Rebirth on the disc, then where is the real Rebirth?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:32 am

the real rebirth is on the japanese version, manga video forgot to use the real one, for some odd reason.

(btw, I bet that dvd you won on ebay is a pirate copy :P)

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:54 am

Death & Rebirth is a recap of Eva that was shown before End of Eva.

What did they do just show the first 25 minutes of Air?

~klinky

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:01 am

ok Death is the non-chronological "eva recap" with some extra scenes that werent included in the TV broadcast.

Rebirth is a teaser for End of Evangelion which is 'basically' the first 30 mins of end of eva.

However, it is actually a little different. Some of the voices and music were rerecorded for the final version End of Eva and there are some other differences too.

However, Manga Video didnt seem to appreciate this difference and just stuck on the first 30 mins of End of Eva. So it's pretty useless, really.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:03 am

That sounds like a waste of money :shock:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:23 am

I disagree, I think Death is an interesting movie (and it is a movie) in its own right.

It's unfortunate that they have omitted the real Rebirth but it wont matter to most people.

Death might sound like a ripoff as it's "just a summary" but it's much more than that really. In a way it was a "this is all the stuff you should have been paying attention to when watching eva" - and it does include interesting scenes that aren't in the normal tv version.

The problem is that Death and Rebirth isnt really designed for us - it was designed as a teaser for the final movie. That's all very well if you are in Japan in the late 90s but here and now Death and Rebirth dont really mean much to us as many of us have already seen the movie and are just waiting for it to be released.

However, I still think it's worth seeing Death but the Manga Video release isn't very good for collectors as it doesnt have the real version of Rebirth.

Return to “General Anime”