cardacators cancelled and kirby

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:11 pm

Bad enough WB screwed with CCS, if they fucked with AL, MKR or XTV I'd be killing someone.

Beefmaster10000
Org Profile

Post by Beefmaster10000 » Sun Jul 21, 2002 3:19 am

I can't wait for the Kirby anime. It is going to rule, and I will make sure I will buy a copy of the Kirby series on video.

Speaking of Cardcaptors, I didn't mind it. I like dubs better than subs, and I tend to be open-minded about anime. Now, why in the heck didn't they release an uncut dubbed version? They are dubbing the anime, and releasing a subtitled version. So, why didn't Nelvana have a dubbed uncut version along with the original Japanese version? The Cardcaptors movie that was recently released and it had a dubbed uncut version on the DVD. What a waist of space not including a dubbed version on the uncut DVDs.

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:13 am

now why is it that all TV dubs are so bad....??

from Pokemon to CCS they always mess up!! WHY DAMMIT!? don't they realize that anime fans wanna kill them in their sleep!?

why cut the stuff too? i mean, can't they just tag it a Y14 rating instead of hacking it down to Y? they show stuff like Buffy which is Y14.

and some shows like Escaflowne (FOX) were just plain cancelled!! just cause some damn church people with no lives didnt like the cards they used. (and isnt that a form of religion/belief descrimination?)

the only people i've seen with average to good dubs is Toonami, but they're just conversions of what you can buy on DVD/VHS and they're running out of steam too. (all they show now is old DB and DBZ...a let down to the anime community. im not saying DBZ is bad, but it's just getting old [just a LITTLE :wink:]...and hamtaro!? what the hell? a hamster anime?)

anyway, my lil protest to the damn TV execs. 8)
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

milfeulle_nyo
Org Profile

Post by milfeulle_nyo » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:52 am

Aww...I thought the Pokemon dub was good ^^;. They kept Pikachu's original voice and such, plus they add in some American humor. But still the original wasn't very good to begin with ^^;

Cardcaptors is just bad.

Toonami... I'd lower their dubs from bad to average. But at least they're trying.

Tottoko Hamutaro is great! The dub is oh so horrible! They gave em names and voices that didn't match em at all ><. They named Ribbon-chan VISHNU! Translate it right! She's got some freakin' ribbons on her head!

Ahh If they dubbed AL they'd probably make the angels talk XD.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:40 am

Dude I swear, I think Jesse and James american seiyuu's are dah bomb.. I think they kick ass.. as for the rest of the poke-crew ..thye kinda blow

~klinky

imadude
Org Profile

Post by imadude » Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:29 pm

i just realised soething when i wrote the title for this thread i called cardcaptors cardcactors just though id point that out :(

sakurax4
Org Profile

Post by sakurax4 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:01 pm

I realy like watching sub than dub if the sync and the dubbers are good and match the characters other than most of the anime I bought are sub.

speaking of CCS I like the japanese voice of Tomoyo yeah no doubt.
But hey the DUB version of CC sakura here is great even tomoyo voice
but not in english but tagalog. one of the TV station here got a talented dubbers unlike the other one there 2 station here airing diff anime here
Yahooo.

Also AXN asia has got good dubbers but I dont know Y they stop it instead all anime they airing are all SUB now Nooooo!

But if they gonna cut it and poor dub No way Ill go for sub.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:42 pm

Heh.
I'm glad "Cardcaptors" got cancelled. It's a damn buther-fest of what CCS really is.

If any of you out there buy the dub/cut DVD's, I'll cut your throats out with a spoon. Putting it simply, that money coulda been better spent :P
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

quistisffviii
Org Profile

Buffy...

Post by quistisffviii » Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:27 pm

Ko Oh Yoku wrote: why cut the stuff too? i mean, can't they just tag it a Y14 rating instead of hacking it down to Y? they show stuff like Buffy which is Y14.
I don't think Animated Buffy The Vampire Slayer is out yet. If you're talking about Buffy The Vampire Slayer (the live action show that's been around for 6 seasons) and it being on the WB... It no longer is. It's now on UPN and the ratings that Buffy gets are PG and PG-14 (like Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim).
David Boreanaz (Angel) is Squall (Final Fantasy VIII) in Kingdom Hearts! David is Squall! Woohoo! The only thing better would be a vocal FFVIII with James Marsters (Spike on Buffy) as Seifer.

Return to “General Anime”