Synching Music and Video...Arrggghhh!!! Nightmare!

Gottaname
Org Profile

Synching Music and Video...Arrggghhh!!! Nightmare!

Post by Gottaname » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:06 am

I use a real primitive way of synchcronising my videos, I listen to the song on winamp and use a calculator to estimate where to cut and such, anyone know of a simpler way?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:19 am

What in gods name are you using to make your video? Get a freaking editing program!

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:21 am

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... php?t=1601

Dude I think your three tiered video editing system is failing you man...

See in Premiere you can play the video and music at the same time and then sync it like so. Or you can even look at the waveform of the sound file and view spikes in it to help you adjust your frames properly.

Going through three programs is not going to help in synching up your program... :p

~klinky

turboneko
Org Profile

Post by turboneko » Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:29 am

What in gods name are you using to make your video? Get a freaking editing program!
Dude I think your three tiered video editing system is failing you man...
ROFLMAO!! This is the best thread in a while really... *wipes tears*
But anyway, listen to klinky and zarxrax, or at least get Windows Movie Maker :P
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:54 am

Quick get MJ to sell you his Windows Movie Maker, wait it's free(technically)! :wink:

Your method sounds amusing and excruciatingly painful at the same time, very original though. I'll give you 10 points in originality!

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:31 pm

Gottaname - you mentioned in another thread that you have premiere but havent used it (you are so 1337)

For god's sake use it!!!!!

If you need timing hints when using premiere, there is a whole section on it in my audio guide.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:41 pm

ShonenDizzyCow wrote:Quick get MJ to sell you his Windows Movie Maker, wait it's free(technically)! :wink:
Never! ^_~ Me and WMM had so many good times, it would be like parting with family. =P

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:13 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
ShonenDizzyCow wrote:Quick get MJ to sell you his Windows Movie Maker, wait it's free(technically)! :wink:
Never! ^_~ Me and WMM had so many good times, it would be like parting with family. =P
Got any kids you want to sell me, MJ? :twisted:

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:28 am

Ick. If you must use an external audio program to calculate times, don't use WinAmp. Use a dedicated audio editor -- for most AMV work, GoldWave is a nice choice.

But, as others have said, what the heck are you using to edit? I'm using something nobody has ever heard of, and I can still sync my audio and video tracks enough so that I can get action synchronization.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:40 am

D00d, splicing this reel-to-reel together is really tedious. It keeps spilling all over the floor, and you use up SO much scotch tape. :shock:

Just kidding you, man. ;) Though that sounds highly inefficient, I have to give some credit to someone who'll stick with it even if it's tedious as hell.

Good luck.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”