What style of aniem do you like most

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:08 pm

I like Shojo.. big eyes, cute girls, etc... :)
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:16 am

The strange and mysterious anime interests me .. 8)
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:49 am

artfreak13 wrote:cowboy bebop personifies what anime should strive for. good detail, not to mention having ALL characters drawn in a unique and diverse way.

another good style is the 2d work done in vandread. awkward beginning (no real style tacked down), but evolves to a clean, precise style, with babes all around :shock: :P 8)
I found Vandread 2nd Stage looked better. Don't know why, It just appears that way to me.
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

gadoo
Org Profile

Post by gadoo » Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:01 am

I like anything...BUT... that girl from escaflowne...I hate eyes like that, and real thin eyes and nose styles...usually style like that involves too much hentai (from my experience.ex wicked city, I hate that)

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:27 am

I know it sounds bad, but anime that tries too hard to look real isn't as appealing to me. Final Fantasy can be the epitome of it, but Grave of the Fireflies and Jin-Roh also do this. BUT! In GotF and Jin-Roh they match the style of the movie. Final Fantasy doesn't reflect reality, its a FANTASY story, it should not be using lifelike looks, it should be big eyes and have the cel painted look (even though that's done on computers anyway, these days.).
Another not-so-good example of attempted more lifelike look was the Esca movie. Hitomi looked like crap in that, and Esca is a high fantasy series, not suited for a lifelike look.
Hehe, yes, bad digital animation, Initial D has some pretty bad digital animation on the cars.
Styles that I like though, Clamp's style is good, though sometimes its hard to tell the guys are guys :P
One that I recently saw whose style I absolutely loved was King of Bandits; JING. VERY cool, and VERY Pretty.
There are a lot of styles I like though. Adolesense of Utena is the most gorgeous piece of animation I have seen to date. :D
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Follow your nose...

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:43 am

Curvy to the extreme. Beak noses I tolerate to an extent. (Evangelion, yes. Escaflowne, somebody FILE DOWN THOSE SHARP EYE POKING HAZARDS!)

Fav examples. Onegai Teacher, Real Bout High School, Great Teacher Onizuka.

The key art style for me is the nose/eye execution, with bodies coming up close behind. The Manga, "Bastard!!!" has my all time favorite style. Luscious babes, badass heroes, etc.

To be more precise in art "style", one should look at the Character Designs of anime.

I wish I knew the Character Designer of Onegai Teacher, but I couldn't find credits anywhere.

People I know who does nice character designs:

Kazushi Hagiwara (yep I know, I've said it a million times, my all time fav artist)
Oh Great! (He did some H-Manga but if you read Himiko Den and/or Tenjyou Tenge, you may actually find a nicely building plot or 3)
Tsukasa Kotobuki (for those who don't know, he does though wyld and wacky character designs for the Saber Marionette J Series)
Keiji Gotoh (like ALL the regular anime I love watching: Nadesico, Hyper Police, Gatekeepers, Those who Hunt Elves, Real Bout High School, and a million others. You'd think these companies would have found someone ELSE to draw their character designs!)

for Femme artists:

Rumiko Takahashi: Inu Yasha and Ranma are some "standard" anime anyone should see.
Yu Watase: Tor Fantasy lovers and people who liked "The Neverending Story" may jump on her manga/anime.
Yu Asagiri: For those of you who may/may not know, she's the Hentai mistress of "Midnight Panther". Her art isn't just beautifully detailed, it can cut to downright gory at times.
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:51 am

i like hardcore, shit in your face scat action in my anime. or, if santa allows it, forks. big forks. ahem.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:07 pm

temjin wrote:i like hardcore, shit in your face scat action in my anime. or, if santa allows it, forks. big forks. ahem.
I figured you'd like evil cat snarling at you arction :P
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:19 pm

Takahashi characters!!!!!!!! also whoever draws lina and whoever draws tenchi and dual. Oh yeah and love hina characters.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

Rini210
Org Profile

Post by Rini210 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:45 pm

I swear, Di Gi Charat is digustingly Cute. I love those freaky little people! - nyo Anyways.. I think that the animator for that is good. Heck, my avatar is Rabi~En~Rose!
<i>"Kano, quit reading my mind! Quit it!" - Miyazawa Yukino</i>
I wish I were a penguin in a past life.
..::Pink Poof::.. | <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =34361">My profile</a>
<b>Faerie Fan!</b>

Return to “General Anime”