So what happened to Path of the Deus?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Shingro
Org Profile

So what happened to Path of the Deus?

Post by Shingro » Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:33 am

Alright, I went to otakon 02, went to the anime music vid contest... I saw Senta's vid come up. "ah, angelic layer, I was watching that once, got distracted by other animes... oh well, the fighting was kinda tame and not interesting anyway..."

then his video proceded to kick my ass :P

long story short I've scoured the web for 3 days trying to find Path of the Deus - Chop Suey - Senta for download... and this is what I've discovered

1. it's been in other contests besides otakon
2. it's apparently been available for download in the past
3. it's apparently had it's existence erased from the net by that one a-m-v.org server crash...

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:47 am

Well i was lucky enough to snag one of Senta's CDs from Otakon, and I'm going to assume that he doesn't mind me putting it on the web. Here's a link that should have a copy of it.

http://www.desu.org/vids/Angelic%20Laye ... 20Deus.mpg

Shingro
Org Profile

Ahhhhhh...

Post by Shingro » Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:30 am

You are indeed my saviour XD a human far above the limits of normal maaaaaaaaan!!!

err... thanks a lot ^^*

that's the one I could scarcely live without... it'll tide me until that one guy uploads scatman, and the others leak in gradually... mighty mighty mighty....

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:07 am

Well YAY! It's good for once to get to download one of the top rated vids that happens to have a gajillion reviews despite that the author never put it up for download online. *L*

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:01 am

Not everyone has access to decent web hosting. Oftentimes amv creators make videos but don't have the space/bandwith available for them to host their videos. Don't blame the creators, blame the lack of available reasonably priced hosting.

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Sun Aug 04, 2002 11:22 am

*figures*

Um, saw the vid. Definately better source and action (and editing) than my End Of AL vid. The only "bad" thing that I consider about this vid is that some of the lyrics DO NOT match at all... But anyways the author should be aware. Most likely did it since it's a fact most people don't even pay real attention to what they're hearing.

I'm having this same problem with a Hellsing AMV I'm working on. Chosen Song is PERFECT, aside from 2-3 words in the lyrics that give me migranes... >_< Maybe I should try the "lyric hack" after all, seeing how well it worked on Senta's vid. ^_^

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:27 pm

Dark Kamui wrote:*figures*

Um, saw the vid. Definately better source and action (and editing) than my End Of AL vid. The only "bad" thing that I consider about this vid is that some of the lyrics DO NOT match at all... But anyways the author should be aware. Most likely did it since it's a fact most people don't even pay real attention to what they're hearing.
your vid is better ^^

Path of the Deus is a pretty nice vid, really cool action and timing. Defenitly the best chop suey vid out there.

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:08 pm

Better?! O_o

Hmmm... When comparing AMVs from other people to my own I preffer not to say THIS is better or worse... In overall his vid was well edited. Mine was... well edited too, but I'm aware that I made a lot of mistakes with it, not to mention using Divx source instead of DVD. =_=

I really, really like the feel that Senta's vid has. It's fun, fast, and furious. :twisted:

On the other hand, in my vid I try to exploit the Misaki/Mother angst thing, keeping true to the serie's original storyline and chronology. I so tried to do something similar in Angelic Barbie Girl... But that was just... Ugh... :?
I think ABG was more like an Intro vid to the series... While End Of AL was more like a musical you would get to see AFTER watching through the whole series.

That reminds me of Legend Of Pretear. I have been slacking like hell after that vid and my Lain vid is still pretty much at 15% completition. I had plans for a Vandread, Hellsing, Scryed and X TV... But pulling it off is a different matter. =_=

I'm kind of in the middle of finishing High Skool and getting DSL. Last week I bought a 19'' Monitor and 80GB HDD to build a Divx Media Jukebox from scratch so I can take my little brothers off those retarded Toonami dubs. That's how far I'm willing to go so they can watch decent stuff like Inuyasha & AL instead of Hamtaro or gay Zoid reruns. :evil:

I also got a network setup so reliable that I can pretty much playback ANYTHING in realtime from the "Mbox" as I call it! :D I'd recomend it to anyone that has too many PC's with untapped power laying around the house! :o

*I'm SEIOUSLY thinking about OCing a 486 CPU to a few hundred MHZ by setting it up inside the toilet's water tank*

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:10 pm

*SERIOUSLY*

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Sun Aug 04, 2002 6:04 pm

Dark Kamui wrote: *I'm SEIOUSLY thinking about OCing a 486 CPU to a few hundred MHZ by setting it up inside the toilet's water tank*
Uhh... water + electricity = Crispy critter.

You do NOT want to put your computer CPU in a toilet. Bad. BAAAAAD.

Return to “General AMV”