Animethon 10 AMV contest Announcment

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Animethon 10 AMV contest Announcment

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:10 pm

This year I’ll be running the first ever AMV contest for Animethon 10 (July 12 - 13) in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,
Animethon is an anime viewing festival/convention that has grown over the past 10 years to attract over 1500+ people. It now includes such popular events including a costume contest, panels, dealer’s room and now an Anime Music Video Contest. I have been working out the best way to run this contest to be as fair as possible to both the convention and those who enter and hopefully the contest structure reflects that.

Since this is the first contest in Alberta (yes, someplace new to expose your AMVs to!), I expect the audience response to be very good and a full house at the convention since the anime community here is quite large and AMVs tend to be very popular when shown.

The contest overview, rules and submission guidelines are posted at http://www.animethon.org. I would really like to get a good number of videos for this first time event so please consider entering. The deadline for submissions is May 23, 2003 and we will be also taking submissions via an FTP site. You don’t have to be present at the event to win and we’ll get any awards out to those who are not present.

Vlad G. Pohnert
Animethon 10 AMV Contest Coordinator
amv@animethon.org

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:48 pm

Awsome Vlad ^^ count on me sending some in XD

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:57 pm

hot deal :up:

:wink:
Hi.

Simpson
Org Profile

Post by Simpson » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:35 pm

Are you accepting VCD/SVCD submissions ?

Simpson
Org Profile

Post by Simpson » Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:37 pm

oh nevermind :oops:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:14 am

7. No bumpers, logos or text that does not relate to the video shall be used. In other words, do not overlay studio logos, test over the video or include studio intros or exists. Anything included as mentioned will be removed from the video. If this is not possible, the video will be disqualified. This is so that all videos will have a uniform look and provide all contestants with equal judging opportunity free of ambiguity or popularity or the creator.
What exactly does that mean by "does not relate to the video"? If our bumper is part of the actual video, it's ok to leave it in?[/quote]

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:25 am

Zarxrax wrote:
7. No bumpers, logos or text that does not relate to the video shall be used. In other words, do not overlay studio logos, test over the video or include studio intros or exists. Anything included as mentioned will be removed from the video. If this is not possible, the video will be disqualified. This is so that all videos will have a uniform look and provide all contestants with equal judging opportunity free of ambiguity or popularity or the creator.
What exactly does that mean by "does not relate to the video"? If our bumper is part of the actual video, it's ok to leave it in?
[/quote]

It means that if you are using text that's part of the video that's fine. Bascically do not include your studio bumper or credits since the videos will be judged blind and then will all have the same formated title credit for each creator during the contest (like at Otakon) so it makes the contest more uniform and fair to the audiance voting. If you want, sent me both versions one with and one without since I'm also looking at running a video arts track at another anime con as well so I could show the version with studio credits there...

Vlad

Vlad

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:40 am

I might send my latest video which is crappy!! Everyone will laugh at it... :cry:
ImageImage

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:15 am

If I have anything ready to submit by then, I will definitely enter.

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:44 am

Suppose I will enter my newest vid that hasn't been put up yet. Might win best drama. Maybe I should enter a vid for individual catagories. *Me thinks to myself*
"What about us lesbians? . . . Your gonna burn in hell of course!" - MXC
"Hey dont knock masturbation, its sex with someone I love!" -- Woody Allen
"Evil will always triumph 'cuz good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Return to “AMV Contests”