D and Alucard

Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:33 am

Alucard would kick the hell out of D three times before his decapitated skull hit the ground. Spoilers ahead, yadda yadda yadda.

D's power at the end of Vamp Hunter D was that his eyes started glowing blue, an aura appeared around him, and he killed the Count as he was recognized to be a Dracula.

Now, while I hold the theory that D is cool and all, a stake through the heart nearly killed him and he was lying helpless (his hand revived him with dirt and air, then he killed the myst monster thing). The count could bash him around a bit and the stupid candle paralized him (while the count shrugged it off). I imagine D has some kind of early DBZ Gohan-esque power to save his ass when he's getting owned, but can't call on it at will.

Alucard on the other hand was decapitated. He's been seen in the sunlight a few times (though it wasn't really direct). Blessed quicksilver in him top to bottom didn't help much. And he of course always has an ace up his sleeve. Every time he's remotely in trouble, he just releases another seal and goes uber.

I might have given D a chance at one point in time, but then Alucard just had to go off and release the seal at the end of the TV series (I haven't seen the manga yet and I'm not a fan of manga scans, so I'll buy the graphic novel when I can) and just prove once and for all that he's badass.
Animazement AMV Contest Coordinator
http://www.animazement.org
Amv@animazement.org

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:40 pm

need I remind you that alucard died? not 'almost died' like D did, but rigor mortis kicked the bucket dead. Alucard has his powers but he has all the same weaknesses that vamps do. Like I said eirlier if Alexander used silver knives then the series would have been over REAL quick. and D isn't pure vampire he's the son of dracula. And even though he can't use his godlike ownage powers at will they would definetly come into play in a fight with a guy who's name is dracula backwards.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:57 am

Well, I haven't seen VHD: Bloodlust, but at the end of VHD, D said he was not a Prince, or "the son of your God" is how he put it, I believe. Also, Alucard is just one spelling of it, I believe. jbone and some others said something about that name being used in many different venues, such as in a Castlevania game. I believe his real name is Arkard. BTW, when did he die? I mean sure, he was beaten for a moment, but that was because he had restrictions on his. Once those went bye-bye, D would be more toast than a loaf of bread in a fire.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Professional 666
Org Profile

Post by Professional 666 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:38 am

Alucard from Castlevania: Syphony of the Night was cool.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:36 am

Come on, Alucard.

D can't exactly take 10,000 bullets and turn his body into a sieve just so he can reform himself...

:P

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:32 pm

well how often have you seen him shot at with 10000 bullets?

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:34 pm

*Smacks down CaT* Just give it up, man. Your bishonen wishes aren't going to come true.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Schu no ko
Org Profile

Post by Schu no ko » Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:26 pm

Alucard gets shot at and stabbed like...damn...everyday.
People don't really shoot at D much that I remember...must be because he's pretty :D

MamoruArmitage
Location: Just stuck, hollow and alone, and the fault is my own, and the fault is my own...
Org Profile

Post by MamoruArmitage » Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:31 pm

that he is... that he is...
Chou Ryuuen, of the Fushigi Yuugi Cabal

"E Nomine Patres et Filii et Spiritu Sancti!"

Eriol861: dan, what have i told you about bestiality?
Eriol861: REMEMBER THE CONDOM
God Saffron: ...
Eriol861: DON'T GET MAD PIKACHU DISEASE OR SOME SHIT

INNERVISION STUDIOS

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:43 pm

If they fought: D would get the first shot in, slicing Alucard from head to toe. Alucard falls into bloody pieces, then reforms himself and laughs at D. Pulls out shiny ass gun, and blows D to pieces.

Ok, I oversimplified it, but you get the drift.

Really though, I think they'd realize they were both Vampire Hunters, so there's no real reason for them to fight. Not to mention they're both cool, so it'd be a waste for them to get into a knock-down, drag-out fight to the death...or redeath...or however you figure it.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

Return to “General Anime”