JACO AMV Contest at MegaCon Winners.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Kwasek
Org Profile

Re: JACO AMV Contest at MegaCon Winners.

Post by Kwasek » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:25 pm

Wonka wrote:So basically if you used effects beyond fades your vid was dissqualified in the eyes of the judges. Peachy.
*Looks at Wonka a bit strangely*

Since you obviously weren't there to know, the other three catergories were awarded to videos with a good amount of effects and "effect cuts" like lip syncing and action syncing.

Not that I am inside Mr. Snackpants head, but what I think he is saying is that the "Our House" video which is basic in construction but excellent on concept and execusion beat out the videos that contained all the fancy edits and effects. So, Tom the Fish made this one...great another video I get to watch religiously along side of Top of the Rain. ^_^ The messenger video was good too.

I'd like to congratulate the other winners, to bad everyone disappeared afterward and I could only shake Rozards hand for making a Ghost in the Shell video I like.

Matt, I can't believe I couldn't find you afterward since I know what you look like. Glad to see you take home best action. I think this is your first award and it's well deserved

George Mora, I would have loved to shake your hand. My friends and I love your Captain Hampton video, and when we came home we dled your great Janken Pyon video. Great stuff.

Mark you did a great job too, a little rough on the quality but obviously good enough to win an award ^_^

Brian and Brian are cheeky bastards, and contest whores. I love you guys.

Again to those running the contest, for the second year in a row you have done a great job, void of horrid technical flaws and delayed start times. For the most part, just a solid block of videos that every one enjoyed for almost 2 hours. Kudos.

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:53 pm

Snackpants wrote:
Wonka wrote:
Snackpants wrote:Basically this year, less was more. Old School edits beat out crazy effects. Just because you can do it, doesnt mean you always should.

So basically if you used effects beyond fades your vid was dissqualified in the eyes of the judges. Peachy.
Ah... no... but when all the videos were shown, the ones that were at the top used less 'effects'. *shrug* Though I loved the 'note bar' effect on your 'Appetite' video, quite impressive.

My apologies for the assumtion. I have just heard alot of people denouncing videos simply due to the fact that they had effects present and wern't "oldschool" enough, and just missinturpreted (sp?) your post. Sorry for coming off surly, that wasnt my intent :D

Again, congrats to everyone ^_^

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:58 pm

Kwasek wrote:*Looks at Wonka a bit strangely*

Thats a "come hither" stare if Ive ever seen one Image ;)

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:07 pm

Kwasecks wrote:*Looks at Wonka a bit strangely*

Since you obviously weren't there to know, the other three catergories were awarded to videos with a good amount of effects and "effect cuts" like lip syncing and action syncing.

Kwasek
Org Profile

Post by Kwasek » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:09 pm

Wonka wrote:Thats a "come hither" stare if Ive ever seen one Image ;)
Damn right it is!

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:09 pm

Whoa.. something other than the Arnold image...

*zing?*

|:
Hi.

Kwasek
Org Profile

Post by Kwasek » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:11 pm

Machine: How did you quote "Kwasecks"? Did you miss spell Kwasuck again?

CommandoB7
Org Profile

Post by CommandoB7 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:21 pm

There were two AMVs during the top 17 that I can't find or get out of my brain: Goo Goo Doll's Iris to Escaflowne and some type of japanese techno to Inuyasha. Anyone know where to find these/what that infernal happy song is? :? Any help is appreciated!

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:37 pm

Kwasex wrote:Machine: How did you quote "Kwasecks"? Did you miss spell Kwasuck again?

Is that better? :?

Kwasek
Org Profile

Post by Kwasek » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:49 pm

hehehe, that's a new one. Gotta add that to my list.

Return to “AMV Contests”