Japanese or English track?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Japanese or English track?

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:13 pm

I'm going to add dialogue from the series to one of my music videos for that dramatic effect.

The only thing I'm wondering about is if I should make it in English or Japanese w/subs (or maybe without subs)?? What do you think I should do?

(I'd prefer not to make both cause for two big videos to be in the same place just because of a few lines is kinda rediculous to me.)
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:20 pm

Some cons don't allow any part of the official English soundtrack or of the official English subtitles in submissions (for various issues), if this has any effect on your decision.

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:20 pm

It depends. If you're going to be submiting it to a con then go for the Japanese audio track. If you're going to be inserting the dialog in the middle of the video without changing the volume of the song, it would probably be best to forgo the addition of subtitles. If you're going to be inserting a little scene at the end of a video, for instance, then go with the subtitles.

Now, if you're not going to be showing it at a con, then you can use the English track (provided it's a decent dub) if you want. Sure, the purists will be all over you, but they need a life so they don't count. It just makes it easier for the general public to understand what you're going for.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:29 pm

What's the series? And who is saying the line?
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:31 pm

hehe, of course i'm a little purist myself....but then some of the english subs just sound bad, even for my friends who like English.

well ok..since i might enter them into a con someday then i might just do the japanese track.

(keep the suggestions coming guys)
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:33 pm

Chaos Angel wrote:What's the series? And who is saying the line?
i'm just asking in general...but this came up for Vandread with Meia's voice (and maybe her mother too).

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:04 am

its the same song, right? same beat and such, just different languages?

cut the song and use both! :lol: have it switch from eng to jap...it'll be an interesting vid. the subs would make it a nice effect when you lip sync to it as well....it'll be like watchin an anime in jap w/ subtitles. lol. as far as i know...it'll be a pretty original idea. 8)

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:22 am

Boo!!! you better hope there are some nice size subs or Ill burn ya aaaaaall Up....besides all videos I have seen with subbed cutscenes ruin the experience.....but dont listen to me....

Return to “General AMV”