MEGACON Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kurainight
Org Profile

Post by Kurainight » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:06 pm

well the entry time has ended the vids were sopoused to be in by Feb 14. i was so lucky i did not think i would get done in time but i had like a while to spare. :D

Snackpants
Org Profile

Thank You...

Post by Snackpants » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:06 am

I would like to thank everyone that entered the MegaCon Music Contest hosted by JACO. The judges sat down last Friday and watched all the entries (39 in total), and made their decisions... which will be announced at the contest viewing on Sunday at 1:00pm.

Don't forget JACON is coming up (www.jacon.org) and we will be posting the new rules on Monday afternoon. The big one will be that all entries to JACON can NOT have been shown or entered in a convention prior to JACON 2003... Just getting tired of seeing the same videos over and over again. 50% of the videos I saw for MegaCon were at AFO or AWA.
-Joey Snackpants, Esq.
www.snackpants.org

Marlex
Org Profile

Post by Marlex » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:11 am

How long will the contest run? (how many videos will be shown out of the 39?)

Snackpants
Org Profile

Post by Snackpants » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:29 am

We have 90 minutes... so I would say about 25-30... doing up the playlist tomorrow afternoon.
-Joey Snackpants, Esq.
www.snackpants.org

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Thank You...

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:09 am

Snackpants wrote:I would like to thank everyone that entered the MegaCon Music Contest hosted by JACO. The judges sat down last Friday and watched all the entries (39 in total), and made their decisions... which will be announced at the contest viewing on Sunday at 1:00pm.

Don't forget JACON is coming up (www.jacon.org) and we will be posting the new rules on Monday afternoon. The big one will be that all entries to JACON can NOT have been shown or entered in a convention prior to JACON 2003... Just getting tired of seeing the same videos over and over again. 50% of the videos I saw for MegaCon were at AFO or AWA.
Cool... I'm looking at going again this year and I have a brand new vid and should even have two... Just a few final touches on one of them and it's off to work on the Disney DDR (Never thought I'd rent a Disney title...)

Vlad

Rozard
Org Profile

Re: Thank You...

Post by Rozard » Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:09 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Cool... I'm looking at going again this year and I have a brand new vid and should even have two... Just a few final touches on one of them and it's off to work on the Disney DDR (Never thought I'd rent a Disney title...)

Vlad
Is it actually a Disney DDR? I thought it was jsut a Disney category :? Also, now that I know you're going to be there, we can hopefully hang out some :wink:
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:20 pm

Not 100% sure yet, but all the plans are in place for now to be there....

Vlad

Kwasek
Org Profile

Post by Kwasek » Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:56 pm

Vlad: You better be there!

Rozard: There is or was (rules aren't out yet for this year) a Disney category in the contest. However there is a DisneyDDR mix in the works to premiere at Jacon this year.

Jacon - The con that takes over threads about other conventions!

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:00 am

Hmm, didn't know that. Maybe if I actually went to MTT's Fjord, I'd know :P I remember Akimbo telling me at AWA that I had better enter something into the Disney category, and that he was trying to pimp it as much as possible.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:41 am

Kwasek wrote:Vlad: You better be there!
Ohh my, I see I have no choice now!!! Otherwise, I'd miss seeing and compeating against my MTT friends :P

Vlad

Return to “AMV Contests”