Tekkoshocon deadline/submission guidelines

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Tekkoshocon deadline/submission guidelines

Post by Ashyukun » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:09 am

As I've had no luck myself getting a response back recently from the Tekkoshocon AMV contest people- has anyone here heard whether the March 1st deadline is a postmark deadline, or an 'in-hand' deadline? Also, has anyone heard back as to what exactly the preferred submission format is (MPEG-2, DV, etc.) and how the vids. will be played back, so those of us sending in videos can do our best to keep them from having to be re-encoded? Thanks!
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:13 am

You've probably seen this already, but for those who haven't:
Tekkoshocon 2003 AMV Contest Rules

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:23 am

Yes, I have seen it- the problem is it's far vaguer than I would like. While the size, framerate, and audio specifications are there, I'd really like to know what the final file type or encoding that will be used is- the guidelines pretty much say they'll take anything halfway common and high quality (at the right settings)- MPEG2, DV, QT, AVI). But I would imagine everything will be homogenized into whatever format matches up with how they videos will be played back (i.e., burned off to DVD like at Katsucon, converted to whatever their playback/output card uses natively, etc). And while I don't have any reason to doubt their technical expertise- I'd just the same send them the video in that final format so there is one less step that could possibly go wrong- and if it were to go wrong, it would be on me for screwing up my own video and not the contest techs... :?
Bob 'Ash' Babcock

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:14 pm

I just sent in MPEG2 of my music videos and txt file with it. I sent it off a few days ago just in case March 1st wasn't a postmark deadline. :D

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:53 pm

That's kind of what I'm ending up doing... As mine is fairly short (just over a minute, even with the bumper on the front) I put both the DVD-setting MPEG2 and a Quicktime DV-NTSC encode on the disc with a text file explaining what each was. Hopefully one of them will look good on their setup. :) It'll be going out Priority this afternoon, so it should make it to Pitt without any problems by/on Mar. 1.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock

Return to “AMV Contests”