afleetinghope wrote:Guess
AOLROL! :P :P :P
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:48 pm

I loved Angelic Layer! :)

That was one of the first animes that started getting me knee deep into fansubs. :D

Shingro
Org Profile

Post by Shingro » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:13 pm

Man alive... that Angelic Layer vid was just great... is there any way I can get find it for download? It would be cool to show my friends who weren't able to make the trip...

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:04 pm

I watched a few episodes and I thought it was okay. I might want to make an AMV using it if the DVDs ever come out.

DonutFreak
Org Profile

Post by DonutFreak » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:23 pm

Icchan-san!

Storyline was bad, idea was good, Whole mother/daughter thing VERY bad. The thought of being able to control things with your mind, old, but still good. I had trouble figuring out the size of the ring they used, because the stadium one they would run around, so it seemed like it was rather large. Several people were able to stand in front of it in the second championship (The entire group of contestants) so it must be rather large for the official battles, but yes, the training ones were rather small. I can't help but wonder this: If you have to be on this ring-thing to control it, how are you going to make prosthetic legs that work on it? Make the whole city on a giant ring?

That's all I have to say, except this:
Wrong answer game!

treehugnhippy
Org Profile

Looking forward to it

Post by treehugnhippy » Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:40 am

I have not seen the series, but after Senta's 'Path of the Deus' I am looking forward to the DVD release. I read a short synopsis and was curious as to how much actual fighting takes place. Is it at least 3 min out of every episode? Not that the fighting is the only reason to watch it, I just hate when there is a 3 episode build-up for a 5 min battle.
As far as realism goes, the most unrealistic part of Angelic Layer is that nearly all the people playing it are girls. If Angelic Layer was real, I know I and all my friends, mainly guys, would be playing it.
Maybe the guys are all off playing a far more violent version (Mortal Combat Layer? Would still suck I think!). Or maybe the technology is passe at this point and there is something better.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:28 am

Loved it. It r0x0red my s0x0rz.

It's being released on DVD to america? anyone know when?
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:58 am

I LIKE IT!! But then again, I helped to SUB it so I suppose I'm a little partial :wink:

Yaay to Anime-Fansubs ^_^ One of the best things about working on that series was that I saw it subbed about 2 months before the general public, and then watching everyone's jaw dropped when we released half the series at once! :mrgreen:

I was concidering a music video for this series, but I decided on doing a Noir one instead. Now I'm debating between 4 different ideas for videos, and which one to do first (decisions, decisions!)
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Senta
Org Profile

Post by Senta » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:55 pm

Maybe the guys are all off playing a far more violent version (Mortal Combat Layer? Would still suck I think!).
I wouldn't mind playing Dead or Alive Layer. My fighter would be cool. She would kick really high. :P

Return to “General Anime”