anime sightings

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

anime sightings

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:15 pm

i recently went to vegas and at the motorcycle museum they had a big screen playing clips and suddenly i see tetsuo from akira on his motorcycle, and i just couldn't stop laughing, have any of you guys seen anime were yu least expect it?
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:20 am

Anime on New York ehh ... there it is
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

priest206
Org Profile

Post by priest206 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:42 pm

Yeah anime is getting alot more popular now then say 10 years ago. But it is still kinda disappointing that the anime that you do find is still altered from the original Japanese version. Even the uncut are still cut.
'I'll kill demons but I'll never be a priest...'

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:57 pm

yeah, look at perfect blue for example. and in outlaw star the actually edited out an ENTIRE EPISODE. DBZ, well, wit hthat they pretty much let a weed whacker loose on the reel and crazy glued together what was left.

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:12 pm

wow .. none of us have any avators on our info ... =(

well ..

hohoho :lol:
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:34 pm

...convenience store on Ohio River Boulevard outside Pittsburgh. Dude behind the counter had some blue-haired shoujo-style anime girl tattooed all the way down his forearm. I couldn't figure out what it was, as I already felt like a freaking fool staring at his arm. ^_^;;

But that definitely threw me for a loop.

That's about it; I don't run into it often IRL.

Return to “General Anime”