AMV book

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Ashton
Org Profile

AMV book

Post by Ashton » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:14 am

I have a kinda wierd idea. What if we got a whole bunch of the really experienced and popular AMV creators together and we had one editor and we (as a community) wrote an AMV bible that could be publiched bound and professionally sold and all that? Like, we could have one person or group for each chapter and each chapter would have a different concept. It could be like, one chapter would be lip synch, and another might be submiting to cons, and yet another could be creating the perfect output. That kind of thing. This is probably a bad idea, but what do you guys think?
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:26 am

Yeah, I can just see a "How to breach copyright law for fun" book being sold in the shops.

Somehow I think amv making is a niche market. Nobody reads the guides, who's going to buy a book?

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:13 pm

I believe there is alread an online Publication in the works called the AMV Digest. I have a couple of column ideas I'd like to submit to that.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:58 pm

making the AMV digest to be something like a printed publication is like me calling my blog a magazine. Not to diss the AMV digest (I really love the idea) but it's not quite "How to make AMVs and influence people, 2nd edition" :)

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:01 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:making the AMV digest to be something like a printed publication is like me calling my blog a magazine.
Ooh ooh! How much for a monthly subscription of your blog? :)
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:11 pm

The problem with writing a book about any technology is that it may be outdated by the time it's edited, printed, and sold. Techniques and skills in the community at large are also increasing (theoretically) as new boundaries are pushed and creators are inspired by each other to try new things.

Uhh...I could go on, but my point is made. :)

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:18 pm

hye, if the anrachict cookbook is legal this is too, its called freedom of the press, there are even books about how to be a hitman that have been published

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:19 pm

*anarchist

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:31 pm

It's not a question of the legality of the book, it's a question of the pointfulness of writing such a book.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:43 pm

I also think it wouldn't be necessary. And, in some respects, it would discourage developing your own techniques. Not that new techniques wouldn't develop, just that some people would be a little lazier and basically follow what other people have done. There wouldn't be as much experimenting because people would think, "Well this has been done and worked very well. Why should I risk trying something that might be a flop?"

Now I'm not saying all people would do that. Many I know would not, but there would be some (probably more than some) who would think along those lines. And, yes, it could also work conversely. People could take some from many different techniques and create something new and possibly better. But that is far less likely.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “General AMV”