new FY video!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
tarynn
Org Profile

new FY video!

Post by tarynn » Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:55 am

I just posted my first video recently! I hope you like it and I'd really appreciate any constructive feedback! Thanks!

Come What May, Created by Tarynn

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:27 pm

It looks like it will be a good vid. Though i won't be able to tell until it's done downloading. lol I'll be happy to write and opinion on the org for you if you wish. ^_^

tarynn
Org Profile

re to anime jedi

Post by tarynn » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:30 am

thankies!

Frosta Rahl
Org Profile

Post by Frosta Rahl » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:13 pm

Im just a baby in the making these things area but I love to watch them- especially FY. It was awesome. Mushy and romantic, a girl vid all the way. The music swept me up and pulled me in and the video was amazing.... sigh... to be loved like that :D

If I ever make a video (in the process of learning) Im doing FY for Nuriko. I love Nuriko. I also love Hotohori. Oh yeah, I also love Tasuke! :shock: damn me Im a little anime whore! :P

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:06 pm

How come this was moved to the General forum?

Downloading now..

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:07 pm

nevermind :oops:

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Sun Feb 23, 2003 11:12 pm

:shock: Triple post.... Anyways the video was good. I liked how you had the male and female voices coupled with their video counterparts. The sync of some of the clips could be better. I still have yet to see that anime so I can't make specific clip selection suggestions. (Say that five times fast...) The only thing that made me flinch was the video quality. If you could use DVD source or something better this AMV would have a geater appeal. All in all it is decent for your first video. Keep at it. :)

tarynn
Org Profile

RE to corran productions

Post by tarynn » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:24 am

Well, I DID use a dvd. I have the complete set. Thing is, however, I'm new at this and so I probably didn't do a very good job of encoding it. I use adobe premiere and I'm still just barely learning it. Any tips on how i could encode things better next time? I'd really appreciate it.

thanks from Tarynn!

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:37 am

I suggest checking out AbsoluteDestiny & ErMaC's Technical Guides to All Things Audio and Video they cover everything one needs to know to get an excellent quality amv as well as many other helpful tidbits of information. I personally use a two-pass Divx four-cc Xvid encode. I think they talk about that breifly too. You can also download their guide for offline use from the guide page which is linked from the main and member pages. Doom9.org also has a lot of information which you ought to sift through but the above guide and the programs utilized in it are all you really need. The programs are mostly freeware. there are links to them in the guide. Good luck with your next project.

tarynn
Org Profile

Post by tarynn » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:45 am

thanks so much! I really appreciate the advice. my next video should be up in a couple of weeks or so, and it will look a lot better this time! thanks!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”