General discussion of Anime Music Videos
CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:09 pm

Touche

-Helios-
Org Profile

Post by -Helios- » Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:00 pm

Nine inch nails is overused?? that's news to me! On this site there are 50 videos, most of them broken, and if not broken then, well, not all that great. I think you're just prejudging your opinion because ermac made two nin music vids that happened to become really popular.
Be nice to people, they outnumber you 6.5 billion to one.

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:14 pm

Aluminum made a nine inch nails video, Maboroshi made a nine inch nails video I believe. Yes NIN are overused, but if you've got a good concept go with it.
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:17 am

Yes, jsut make DAMN SURE that its a good one.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:32 am

Am I the only one who doesn't give a fuck about the artist being overused? Sweet jesus people who cares. The artist is a concept. I care about the SONG being overused.

If linkin park had an awesome song that no ones heard of you damn right ide use it. Same thing with NIN. Its not like your audience is going to not download it "because omg this artist is used SOOO often".

If you have a unique song, then its fine. NIN has 17 assorted albums. Thats quite a bit of material to chose from. Or you could just be a choch and do a video with "closer"

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:42 am

even so, considering the vast numbers on musicians and groups out there sticking to one for too long is stupid considering there are thousands of other ones out there that NOONE uses.

-Helios-
Org Profile

Post by -Helios- » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:17 pm

I think music videos reflect the creators feelings and arre inspired by how the creator feels. Thus it would be a good idea to use music that the creator is familiar with and can reflect on it easily. That somewhat limits all the music no one uses.
Be nice to people, they outnumber you 6.5 billion to one.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:21 pm

another reason why people that make AMV's need to listen to a wide variety of music.

kris
Org Profile

Post by kris » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:56 pm

If an anime or a song is cliche, then I feel as a viewer that it would deter me from wanting to watch or downlaod that song. There are hundreds of Dragonball Z AMV's out there, but how many of them are really goood? The only exception I can think of is Scott Melzer's video. If I see that someone made an AMV that's been done already, I would be apprehensive to watch it.
However, as an artist, I don't see any reason to limit oneself to "original" ideas. No artwork is truly original, so why not take an idea and make it better? The only problem with this is that viewers expectations will be raised, so artists will have to perform that much better.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:06 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:another reason why people that make AMV's need to listen to a wide variety of music.
Thank you, I've been saying almost the same thing for some time now.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

Return to “General AMV”