Question for Mexican Junior

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Jamee
Org Profile

Question for Mexican Junior

Post by Jamee » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:29 pm

I recently downloaded your Sakura Wars 3 video (loved it, by the way!) and showed it to my sister because I wanted her to hear the song (She's a big Austin Powers fan). She wondered if they added lyrics to the theme from Austin Powers to make the song, or if the Austin Powers team just took the lyrics off an existing song and used the background music. Do you know? We tried to look for info on the band but we couldn't find any at our usual sources.

On a related note, my sister (who is not an anime fan) asked me what Sakura Wars was about. I told her that it was a historical dating simulation game where you get to fight demons with giant robots. She was without words. It's really hard to explain anime concepts to the non-otaku crowd.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:41 pm

www.goats.cx has everything you need

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:49 pm

soneone mod this guy :evil:

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:00 pm

Hey, Jamee, you ever think to e-mail or PM MexicanJunior, instead of just posting your provate message to him in this public forum? :-D

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:27 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:soneone mod this guy :evil:
how long have i been trying to say this...?

::turns and looks at everyone::

how long have i been trying to say this?!?! TOO DAMN LONG!!!

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:30 am

ty

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:31 am

:?:

.....eh?

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:00 am

never mind

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:24 am

>_<

lol

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Re: Question for Mexican Junior

Post by mexicanjunior » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:20 pm

Jamee wrote:I recently downloaded your Sakura Wars 3 video (loved it, by the way!) and showed it to my sister because I wanted her to hear the song (She's a big Austin Powers fan). She wondered if they added lyrics to the theme from Austin Powers to make the song, or if the Austin Powers team just took the lyrics off an existing song and used the background music. Do you know? We tried to look for info on the band but we couldn't find any at our usual sources.
Hey Jamee, thanks for watching my vid. ^_^ The song actually came out before Austin Powers was made up (late 80's I believe). I'm pretty sure the rap song samples from an older song and I believe Quincy Jones took parts of that old song and ceated the Austin Powers theme when the movie appeared. Unfortunately, I don't know who made the original version of it. :(

Return to “General AMV”