Overused ideas

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Rinny
Org Profile

Overused ideas

Post by Rinny » Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:49 pm

What do you do when you get an idea using an overused song? Like Nine Inch Nails, or Linkin Park... as an extreme example... o.o

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:55 pm

Depending on how good the idea I think it is, I"ll continue with it, but if it really is just another "hey, pretty cool" I drop it. UNLESS it is like something REALLY worth holding on too.
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

Wyverex
Org Profile

Post by Wyverex » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:04 pm

I download all the other vids using the same song and wonder if I can do better or not ^_^.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:07 pm

i don't get recycled inspiration, seeing as no one listens to my music

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:21 pm

What about overused anime?

Beef
Org Profile

Post by Beef » Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:54 pm

A video can have overused anime/music and still get high orginality scores because it has a different concept. But some Ideas should be droped fast, for example Eva Chop action vids....
http://www.sakkakustudios.com - Witness the Illusion
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=16354" target="_blank" class="postlink">ORG Profile</a>

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sun Jul 28, 2002 9:57 pm

By all means, use whatever inspires you. I have been known to use some overused songs myself, but I've also used plenty no one's ever heard of before. It all depends on what I get motivated by. If I get inspired by a song/anime combination idea of mine; I end up making it because usually I can't get the idea out of my head.
I made a Final Fantasy video to Hanging By a Moment by Lifehouse; there are about five or six other videos with that same combination. I watched all of them before I wanted to make the video. I was kind of disappointed in most of them because there was so much feeling and deep meaning that I saw in the song, yet none of them seemed to really bring that out in the video. So when I was listening to the song later these ideas started popping into my head for a video that could bring that out. I had ideas no one else had had in their videos, so I decided to make it.

Most people liked it; the only bad part was that people gave me low originality marks :)

I tend to use overused anime; maily because most of the anime I watch is overused. And I can't easily get inspired to make a video to an anime I haven't seen.

So if you have some really creative ideas to go with your overused song, people will easily tolerate it; especially if it's a good video. If you make it and you know it's almost exactly like all the other Linkin Park and NIN videos out there, you don't have to release it. Just make it for yourself.

Use whatever inspires you, because you have to get inspired by something in order to make a good, meaningful video.
ImageImage

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:00 pm

you are wrong, and i can prove it by hanging up

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:06 pm

hanging up?

how does that work.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:09 pm

it's when a man and a woman love each other alot. and the man pulls his pants down, and begins to releive himself on his lover's face/chest.

Return to “General AMV”