Whatever happened...

priest206
Org Profile

Whatever happened...

Post by priest206 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:07 pm

As you all know the DBZ series is a know being released to own on video and DVD. Last I ckecked Funimation was working on the BOO saga, but they never finished the Cell Games saga. They left it off right when Goku yields and was about to choose the next fighter. Does anyone know when of if they are going to finish this saga?
'I'll kill demons but I'll never be a priest...'

projekt_navi
Org Profile

Post by projekt_navi » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:09 pm

i thought dbz was old

o well
One fan of an anime ... makes an anime ...
Just like one worshipper of god makes a god ...
A Fire Inside <<< AFI ... very good punk-rock band ... no shitty linkin park music ... pure rock :twisted:

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:12 pm

man, and I thought I WAS OUT OF CONTACT WITH REALITY!!!!!

yes they finished the saga, and reshowed it about 2 million times before they hit the Buu saga. How you missed it, I will never know.

priest206
Org Profile

Post by priest206 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:57 pm

I know that DBZ is old and I know it has been the Cell Games have aired on TV. My question is does anyone know when Funimation is going to finish releasing the Cell Games on video or DVD. They got all the way to the scenerio I posted earlier then they started releasing the Boo saga. So again the question is when are the video or DVD release versions of this saga going to be released.
'I'll kill demons but I'll never be a priest...'

Maximo
Org Profile

Post by Maximo » Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:23 pm

I thought they are still in the progress of releasing them, why does it matter funimation sucks anyway the are so far behind it is rediculous. :shock:

LongShot
Org Profile

Post by LongShot » Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:28 pm

Funimation screws up with the release dates. They were releasing the android saga when they didn't finish releasing the Freeza saga
Girls use me.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:39 am

Damn, I liked your old avatar better Longshot. :(
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:12 am

First off, they released the Android Saga stuff early so people who wanted more DBZ would go out and pay for it instead of waiting for Cartoon Network (remember, the concept of buying stuff that will come on TV soon anyway is foreign to many people, especially when you have to walk over to the cartoon section. Of course, we've gotten used to this, so we're okay about it).

Second, they're slow about releasing them because theres a lot of them. I dunno if you guys get stuff early, but from what I've seen, we average 3-4 episodes of a series a month here (regardless of the series). 3-4 episodes of Trigun or Kenshin or Ayashi no Ceres or whatever certainly feels like a lot more than 3-4 episodes of DBZ, so its only natural that it seems like they're releasing it slow.

Third, they release two versions of DBZ, the one thats small children friendly and then the one some of you buy. That takes more time in the dubbing process, because you have to have two scripts and record a few scenes more than once, plus theres the time that goes into what stays and what goes from the small children version, which alone can be a tough debate because a lot of the things that would normally be cut are actually important to the story and as such any changes they make have to be changes in future scripts to make sure its remotely understandable.

That said, I think your statement about being "OUT OF CONTACT WITH REALITY!!!!!" doesn't say much about yourself, given that he was refering to DVD releases quite clearly and made no references whatsoever to TV airings. Besides, we're all otaku here, we're all out of contact with reality, thats why we spend ungodly hours working on music videos that don't usually bring us any capitol in return.

Finally, I must sadly say I have no idea when FUNI plans to release anything. I personally am not a fan of Dragonball Z and don't keep up with their releases. They skipped to the Buu Saga because they could air episodes not yet on TV in advance and make a great deal more money than they would have making episodes already featured on television.

After a lil run by the funimation website, I see that they've got Perfect Cell dvds on the horizon in August, so perhaps what you're looking for is due out soon afterall. As long as DBZ makes money, they'll keep pumping out dvds until they're out of episodes (this applies to GT too, given that its slated for cartoon network).
Animazement AMV Contest Coordinator
http://www.animazement.org
Amv@animazement.org

Return to “General Anime”