Sakura-Con Entry Deadline Coming Up!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:29 pm

I've just finished exporting a clean version of what will be my entry. Looks pretty good... SakuraCon will get my first homebrew AMV of 2003.

I'm rather proud of that fact...finally making a whole AMV at home without the need to take it in to work and use the VIP suite till 3am or so. Sure, I still do that at home, but I can always run down to the fridge for another Pepsi and a hunk of kielbasa.

My "Mission Improbable" clip was but an appetizer. Now I've started main course dishes.

Atarashii Hito
Org Profile

Post by Atarashii Hito » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:01 pm

Hey,
I am having great difficulty with trying to author a DVD, SVCD that actually works, the ones I have created either skip, get stuck, or just won't play.

I really want to enter this contest, I did last year, and I will actually be at Sakura-con this year for the contest. Is there any other possible way I can get my video to the contest? I don't have any means to export to VHS or SVHS for that matter. Please help me! >_<

Thanks!
-Atarashii Hito

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:28 am

I haven't tried these how-to's, but people say this site is a good resource:
http://www.vcdhelp.com/author

Very little time left. You might want to email Chris for advice.
http://www.sakuracon.org/contests.html

You're not alone, though: it's after midnight and I'm still working out some bugs.

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:21 pm

Atarashii Hito wrote:Hey,
I am having great difficulty with trying to author a DVD, SVCD that actually works, the ones I have created either skip, get stuck, or just won't play.

I really want to enter this contest, I did last year, and I will actually be at Sakura-con this year for the contest. Is there any other possible way I can get my video to the contest? I don't have any means to export to VHS or SVHS for that matter. Please help me! >_<

Thanks!
-Atarashii Hito
TaranT wrote:I haven't tried these how-to's, but people say this site is a good resource:
http://www.vcdhelp.com/author

Very little time left. You might want to email Chris for advice.
http://www.sakuracon.org/contests.html

You're not alone, though: it's after midnight and I'm still working out some bugs.
I recommend everyone to the VCDHelp.com website. I use their tutorials to create awesome looking SVCDs. Personally, I use TMPGEnc (to make the MPEG 2 stream) and VCDEasy (to burn a compliant disk).

If this won't work for you, email me and we can chat.
--Chris ^_^

Atarashii Hito
Org Profile

Post by Atarashii Hito » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:05 pm

CArnesen wrote:
I recommend everyone to the VCDHelp.com website. I use their tutorials to create awesome looking SVCDs. Personally, I use TMPGEnc (to make the MPEG 2 stream) and VCDEasy (to burn a compliant disk).

If this won't work for you, email me and we can chat.
Well I burned an SVCD using the tutorials at www.vcdhelp.com and same with the DVD, and I've used quite a few programs for the DVD authoring AND burning and they have all be the sme results the DVD will play for about 2 seconds the slow down and then get stuck on a frame. The SVCD will play but will skip (non-scratched CD) and the music will slow down/speed up and also the video will just skip frames and the timing is just off terribly. >_<
You cannot believe how unbelievably frusterating this is!

RichLather
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:58 pm

Videotape went into the mail today, giving it a postmark that beats the deadline. Now we'll see how good Priority Mail is.

My only regret: not leaving enough time to figure out how to use a full-size AVI for the playout, and having to settle for a slightly-jaggy (in places) half-sized AVI.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:01 am

RichLather wrote:Videotape went into the mail today, giving it a postmark that beats the deadline. Now we'll see how good Priority Mail is.
Not to be mean or anything, but...
Sakura-Con Rules wrote:13. Entries must be received by Friday, February 7, 2003. Please note that this is not a postmark deadline - the videos must be in our hands by Friday, February 7, 2003. Sakura-Con is not responsible for entries delayed or lost in the mail.

RichLather
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:13 pm

I suppose then it is up to CArnesen, since he is in charge. I would have had it out sooner, but I had difficulty getting it played out to videotape.

And given other peoples' problems with making VCDs or DVDs, there may be some leeway. I also don't know how many entries have actually been received, but at the top of this thred it was lamented as being pretty low at the time.

If it doesn't make the cut, fine. There is no shortage of contests this year. But I would certainly like for it to be in, no question.

tetsuo93108
Org Profile

Post by tetsuo93108 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:45 pm

i get home at about 3:30 pm pacific time i can submit around then if i still can to help with the enteries. :P

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:35 pm

Now that the entry deadline has passed, will there be a list of the videos that will be shown at the contest posted here or on the con website prior to the con itself?

Didn't really want to start a new thread to ask this.

Return to “AMV Contests”