Banner of the Stars AMV Trailer (sort of)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:45 am

Unfortunately, I don't do QuickTime. :wink:
But I ordered the first "Banner" DVD last night and...the trailer is not listed among the extras. Maybe it's on another Bandai DVD.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:35 am

TaranT wrote:Unfortunately, I don't do QuickTime. :wink:
But I ordered the first "Banner" DVD last night and...the trailer is not listed among the extras. Maybe it's on another Bandai DVD.
The trailer isn't on the DVD, it only on the web site although they will be putting it on a few other anime DVDs that will be comming out...

Vlad

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:56 pm

TaranT wrote:Unfortunately, I don't do QuickTime. :wink:
What, are you too good for quicktime or something?

I am very dissapointed... :(
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:08 am

hackerzc wrote:What, are you too good for quicktime or something?
As a matter of fact, yes, I am. Thanks for asking! :o
I am very disappointed... :(
Me, too...there's a typo in your sig. Actually, two.

But seriously (?), for some reason your post reminded me that I have QT installed on an older PC. So I used that to see the trailer: purdy cool and very trailer-ish. I should be getting "Banner" next week, when it will be put into a pile of DVDs I need to watch one of these days.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:37 am

For the trailer I only had material form the first DVD (first five episodes) so after spending the time to watch it I'll have to see the rest of the series now....

Vlad

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:39 am

TaranT wrote:
hackerzc wrote:What, are you too good for quicktime or something?
As a matter of fact, yes, I am. Thanks for asking! :o
Hey, there is nothing wrong with having quicktime as long as you don't output movies using it :)
...there's a typo in your sig. Actually, two.
is not.. :P
John Westbrook

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:45 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:For the trailer I only had material form the first DVD (first five episodes) so after spending the time to watch it I'll have to see the rest of the series now....

Vlad
Well you did a good job, and we are proud.

It's always good to see someone get payed (I hope they payed you) for doing something they like.

I can't help but feel though, that your skills were waisted on something so basic as a trailer. You are one of the few AMV creators that actually have mad skillz but don't flaunt it about like a badge. Your Otakon 2002 vid shows that.
John Westbrook

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:11 pm

hackerzc wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:For the trailer I only had material form the first DVD (first five episodes) so after spending the time to watch it I'll have to see the rest of the series now....

Vlad
Well you did a good job, and we are proud.

It's always good to see someone get payed (I hope they payed you) for doing something they like.

I can't help but feel though, that your skills were waisted on something so basic as a trailer. You are one of the few AMV creators that actually have mad skillz but don't flaunt it about like a badge. Your Otakon 2002 vid shows that.
Trust me, you don't get paid very much, not enough to even consider living off... The unfortunate part of commercial video editing it that it's nothing like doing AMVs since you are very restricted to what the customer wants and can't spend anywhere near the amount of time doing it or else you can't justify what you are paid... In reality, video editing for a living is not a dream job as some may think...

Thanks for the compliment, I not really that worthy since AMV are always a battle for me....

Vlad

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:30 pm

Very nice work. It makes me want to see it right now.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”