Need place to keep the AMV's

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:45 pm

Basically, you would have to find out what your ip address to your computer is. Personally, I haven't used GuildFTP. I use ServU and it's pretty good. Then you would set up accounts for your server. Try to stay away from Anonymous accounts. Stick with username/password accounts. Then you would be able to set how many users are able to access the account. Man, there should be a little FAQ on how to set up your own FTP... There is but I don't know what the link is... Ggggrrrrr..... :cry: I may be going on and on about this.... What else did you need to know?
ImageImage

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:51 pm

well now I know that I need to set u accounts for people, but basicaly what I want to know is how to get a link for my AMV on this site and get it working. problem is I don't know wtf I am doing

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:08 pm

to post a link on the forum to direct a user to download the video directly or to look at what you have for them to download from the FTP?

For the main directory.
ftp://(username):(password)@your.ip.number.goes.here

For a direct link to the video.
ftp://(username):(password)@your.ip.num ... evideo.mpg

was this what you were looking for?
ImageImage

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:12 pm

also, you can try looking for a Guild FTP FAQ on google. They can be very helpful! :wink:
ImageImage

Red Wolf
Org Profile

Post by Red Wolf » Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:06 pm

It's not an online site but it may help. Check out my convention post at http://animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1017. I'm offering free CD space on some AMV CDs I'll be giving away at AWA this year. Again, it isn't a dedicated download site but it will get your video out to 100 fans or so. Check out the post and shoot me an email.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:43 pm

OK, can someone just post the instructions to an ftp server? this is getting to frustrating, I didn't get anywhere with guild FTP and I just got 2 new AMV's all nice and shiny and ready for distrebution.

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:14 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:OK, can someone just post the instructions to an ftp server? this is getting to frustrating, I didn't get anywhere with guild FTP and I just got 2 new AMV's all nice and shiny and ready for distrebution.

Here's an alternative, perhaps the easiest way to set up HTTP server on your own comp! (however limited to 30 days)

TZO Web Service!!!

= INSTALLATION =

1. Download TZO application at http://www.tzo.com
2. Once downloaded, run the installer (duuh!)
3. Follow the instructions (just say YES/I AGREE to everything)
4. When you're done, run TZO client.

= SETTING UP TZO =

5. Follow the instructions... until you come to a point where TZO ask for a key. Click on use Trial key and enter your email address. TZO will deliver a trial key in your email inbox.
6. Get that trial key from your email and use it on TZO client.
7. TZO should then ask about your connection and IP address. Just answer _you don't know the kind of IP you have_
8. Finally, you get to set up a domain name. For example, create:

cataclysm.tzo.com

9. There! Everything has been set up. Now the last thing you need to do is to make it online.
(don't close the app yet!)

= GETTING THE WEBSERVER & AMV ONLINE =

10. Create a special folder just for AMVs you plan to host. For example:

C:\musicvideos

11. Place your AMVs into the folder there.
12. Switch to TZO, while the client shows WebServer tab, click on the Settings tab. There's a Folder textbox down there, just map it to the folder where you placed the AMVs. For example:

C:\musicvideos\

13. There is a Start button at the bottom-right of TZO client window. Click on it!
14. If the status text shows "The Web Server is running" Success! You are now a proud owner of cataclysm.tzo.com HTTP server! The End.

Q: How do I make a HTTP link to my music video?

A: Suppose you have a AMV called dbz_crawling.mpg, the URL should be:

http://www.cataclysm.tzo.com/dbz_crawling.mpg

This is an example. Substitute the domain & file name with the right one you've made. You can then test it on a web browser to see if it works.

Some tips:

- I highly recommend that you name all your AMVs using only lowercase letters and no space characters.
- Be sure to read the TZO manual, and look through all the tabs to find some of the hidden (and useful) options.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:38 pm

well, I tried
"the page can't be displayed" is what happens when I type the url in

Eek-1
Org Profile

Post by Eek-1 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:53 am

describe your problem in details plzthnx.

have you actually followed the instructions to the point "Success!"?
what URL exactly did you entered in the browser?
Is the file link you were referring to exist?
were you connected to Internet at that time?
were you running the TZO client at that time?
was the client status text displayed "Web Server is running?"
was the detected IP address displayed on the client window NOT 0.0.0.0 or 128.0.0.1?

suppose you entered www.cataclysm.tzo.com and you got "the page can't be displayed", I figure thats because there was no index.htm in your comp _server root folder_

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:55 am

yes to all the ones exept for maybe the bottom one.

Return to “General AMV”