Rules Desu

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Rules Desu

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:38 am

http://www.anime-expo.org/events-AMV.html

Haha, the AMV contest has rules for Anime Expo. Interesting that the FAQ is fourteen pages but oh well. Some changes that seem for the better here and there. Deadline is postmark of April 29th so better get cracking.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:07 pm

Looks like they're taking it a bit more seriously this year.

I hope another paper airplane gets stuck in the screen again... hehe :twisted:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:47 pm

I'm somewhat confused on the rules though...Can we submit data cd's of our videos in mpeg2 format or no?...o_O

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:54 pm

Castor Troy wrote: I hope another paper airplane gets stuck in the screen again... hehe :twisted:
I can guarantee you that comments like those will win you beaucoup negative points with the staff, and they do read this list.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:26 pm

xstylus wrote:
Castor Troy wrote: I hope another paper airplane gets stuck in the screen again... hehe :twisted:
I can guarantee you that comments like those will win you beaucoup negative points with the staff, and they do read this list.
I was just messing around. My apologies.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:29 pm

yowzaz.....Hey...Xstylus...I'm Kamran Ahmadi...Creator of the video enigma and hopefully still "Wild Card" in the amv panel...Do you have AIM or anything I can contact you by?...I just have a question I'd like to ask but in private...

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:34 pm

Ikasu wrote:yowzaz.....Hey...Xstylus...I'm Kamran Ahmadi...Creator of the video enigma and hopefully still "Wild Card" in the amv panel...Do you have AIM or anything I can contact you by?...I just have a question I'd like to ask but in private...
Email me at xstylus@xstylus.com with your ID and I'll privately send you mine. ^_^

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:36 pm

If there was a collaboration vid would it take up 1 spot from each person, or one spot from one person, or none and be on its own? This is not the same studio btw.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:52 pm

Nappy wrote:If there was a collaboration vid would it take up 1 spot from each person, or one spot from one person, or none and be on its own? This is not the same studio btw.
It takes up one for the studio and one for each person.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

XStylus
Org Profile

AX2003 Anime Music Video Competition Rules

Post by XStylus » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:56 pm

Nappy wrote:If there was a collaboration vid would it take up 1 spot from each person, or one spot from one person, or none and be on its own? This is not the same studio btw.
Anime Expo Rule #3:

-----
3. Only three (3) Anime Music Video Entries are allowed per team, studio, group, or person. Entrants wishing to compete both as a team, studio, group, or individual can only have a MAXIMUM of three videos. For example, group A, group B, and yourself have created Music Videos for submission. You have now reached the limit of videos allowed for submission. Any subsequent submissions will be immidiately disqualified. Abuse of this rule will not be appreciated or tolerated.

-----

Let's say you decide to team up with a friend to create a group called ABC studios. Even though there are two people, ABC studios may only enter no more than 3 videos. Or, you may enter one joint video under ABC studios, and you and your partner may enter 2 videos separately.

On your submission form, for the joint vid you'd state in the name box: "ABC Studios - Joe Otaku, Jane Otaku". For the independant videos, you'd say "Jane Otaku" or "Joe Otaku". Do NOT write "ABC Studios - Jane Otaku" or "ABC Studios - Joe Otaku". If you make reference to your studio name, it counts as a studio video.

Oh, by the way, don't forget to remove studio references in your intro trailer as well. I've heard that in previous years a group tried to put one over on the staff and submitted 4 videos. On the submission forms they used separate names for the videos, but the group name was still on the intro trailer. The staff was nice and accepted the first three and DQed the 4th, but they could have just as easily been hardlined about it and DQ all of them.

By the way... before anyone asks, no I am NOT acting in any official AX capacity, nor am I an official member of the AMV staff.

Return to “AMV Contests”