Why these forums rock

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:02 pm

Is <a href="http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/%7Erja14/tcpa-faq.html">this</a> something along the lines you're talking about?

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:04 pm

alternatefutures wrote:Is <a href="http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/%7Erja14/tcpa-faq.html">this</a> something along the lines you're talking about?
\

*walks to corner of room and curls up into fetal position*

mommy make the bad men go away. make them go away
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster
Org Profile

Post by TheRealNeoHentaiMaster » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:32 pm

Actually certian companies dont mind when certian people pirate their software. Like Adobe for example actually likes it when kids pirate there software. Adobe knows theyre not losing money because most kids couldnt afford it anyway, and wouldnt have bought it. However, the kids do become experienced with the program and it becomes on of the main tools they use. So, when the enter the job market, companies that hire them and can afford to buy it do because its the primary tool they workers use. And companies have to buy a copy for each computer its on. Same thing with schools. Now, when adobe finds compaines or schools using pirated software, then they throw the biggest shit fit you ever seen. So basically, they like 14 year olds pirating their software cause its free advertising. This doesnt apply to all software though.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:42 pm

To be fair, if this bill does pass then I wouldn't be surprised (and I would actualy be entertained by) if a faction/parts of the hacking comunity actually begin trying to protect THEIR systems from the government, and and we all know that when it comes to computers and knowing how to use them, its the group of pimply teenagers in the basements at 11:00pm perfecting their hacking skills, not some 9 to 5 government hired programer from MIT. And besides, All I have to do is store my stuff on a comp outside any network and keep it disconected from the net. Hell, when I get my next comp thats what I am going to do as is.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:06 am

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster wrote:Actually certian companies dont mind when certian people pirate their software. Like Adobe for example actually likes it when kids pirate there software. Adobe knows theyre not losing money because most kids couldnt afford it anyway, and wouldnt have bought it. However, the kids do become experienced with the program and it becomes on of the main tools they use. So, when the enter the job market, companies that hire them and can afford to buy it do because its the primary tool they workers use. And companies have to buy a copy for each computer its on. Same thing with schools. Now, when adobe finds compaines or schools using pirated software, then they throw the biggest shit fit you ever seen. So basically, they like 14 year olds pirating their software cause its free advertising. This doesnt apply to all software though.
So what you're saying is Adobe wants people to pirate Premiere and Photoshop? :wink:

At any rate, you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble, CaTaClYsM, if you didn't bring anything up at all. But whatever, what's done is done...
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:21 am

alternatefutures wrote:Is <a href="http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/%7Erja14/tcpa-faq.html">this</a> something along the lines you're talking about?
Ha. That would have made me laugh if it wasn't so damn sad. Way to attempt to kill innovation because it takes a little money out of your already fat-ass pockets.

*/Annoyance*
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:23 am

well this is the last time I try to compliment the boards, thats for sure.

Return to “General AMV”