Why these forums rock

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:51 pm

didn't I say earlier that I wasn't, as a matter of fact, is that exactly what I said in my THIRD POST IN THIS THREAD?

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:04 pm

just making sure... :P
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

Sidicas
Org Profile

Post by Sidicas » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:17 pm

I'm just about certain that your not going to read all this, but I'll write it anyway.

I'm a strong believer that those who stay around long enough and watch enough AMVs will ultimately run into something one day like a song or something "exceptionally cool" to them and next thing you know their out there making videos also.. Everybody else just get bored and then just tend to disappear leaving empty accounts...I'd wager that most of the people who post on the forums and also most of the top downloaders are people who are in the process of making a music video or have already made at least one. In the end, if anything music videos inspire people to actually do *work* and learn their way around the software which in turn will ultimately help society as a whole by providing a workforce with another line on their resume. Of course this comes at the expense of the recording industries right?...Where do you think the recording industry gets the goodness that they sell? People who got the skills(I don't believe in talent). People who can make music videos have higher entertainment expectations than those who don't. In short, better goodness for all or no money for the industries.

No matter what though It's harder than heck to suppress one's desire to be creative or do something "cool or fun".

Anyway, back to the story, eventually this newbie video maker will need some high quality goodness so they go out and buy their anime and music for the first time to make their first truely awesome AMV...More people are inspired and the cycle continues. That's how it seems to be...That's how I got started and so far I've gotten half a dozen e-mails from visitors to my website asking for info on making music videos.....Animemusicvideos.org

Sidicas
Org Profile

Post by Sidicas » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:29 pm

Sidicas wrote:Animemusicvideos.org
(continued)
Depends entirely on the people within...The reason you don't see any moderators is because *we* don't need them although the newbies who come here do..
CaTaClYsM wrote:These forums rock
Congrats! For the first time in your life your without a babysitter, I assure you, we care very little about the off-topic excitement that you wish to share...

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:40 pm

Ohhhhhkaaaayyyy... I think I understand what CaTaClYsM is trying to say now. Unlike those other sites he mentioned where they only give instruction/files on how to make something but never offer the end products, a-m-v.org attempts to make all of its end products available to the visitor. He just had some bad wording in there that made it sound like "since it's already illegal one way, might as well go the distance."

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:51 pm

Yes, thats exactly it. I can talk about my AMV's without tip-toeing around stupid rules or legal bylaws. That is what I was trying to say, I guess I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Sidicas
Org Profile

Post by Sidicas » Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:21 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:I guess I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.
In *this* forum your right, since the thread is off-topic as I was trying to hint towards...

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:27 pm

speakin of all the illegal stuff, i read in the paper yesturday that congress has proposed a bill that will allow music companies and movie companies to hack into private computers and delete illegal mp3s and mpeg files. i personally find it an invasion of privacy, what do you think??

ZeWrestler
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

fellowhoodlum
Org Profile

Post by fellowhoodlum » Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:44 pm

It's not gonna pass. But if it does, I'd start buying stock in companies that make firewalls :D

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:46 pm

I find it VERY wrong.Besides the obvious invasion of privacy,I fear a slippery slope could come with it.First the media companies can do it,then the police,and so on.Hell,this so called "Patriot Act" can pretty much allow the feds to drop in and search your shit without warning or warrant if you're suspected of being terroristically inclined,apparently.It has gotten to the point where I want to say "Fuck this nation!",teach English overseas(hmm,South Korea is one of the most wired places on earth),and get rid of my citizenship.This government is already on the road towards fascism,and I don't want to be here.

On the other hand,those of us who're willing could go to Canada,hang out on the native peoples' reservations,build up ammo and weapons stockpiles and overthrow the US government.

Stuff to think about.
I'm out...

Return to “General AMV”