Why these forums rock

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Why these forums rock

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:49 pm

Most forums that I go to like emulator forums say that its ok to talk about home brew apps and the emulators but no talking about roms because they are illegal. or in the case of DCDIVX and GYP PLAY (dreamcast movie players) no mention of illegal movies.

These forums rock because this is illegal on so many levels that they don't even bother to tell you what you can and cannot talk about. :)

Rinny
Org Profile

Post by Rinny » Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:45 pm

:? I don't have a clue what he just said.

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:17 pm

It's not illegal on so many levels... only two, and this forum does try to keep it to only two. So please, no discussion about pirating software or obtaining bootleg footage.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:18 pm

I'm looking at it more from a napster, pirated music standpoint, but the sftaware is a nice plus. :)

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:23 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:I'm looking at it more from a napster, pirated music standpoint, but the sftaware is a nice plus. :)

*shakes head*

dumbass Hax0r
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:25 pm

this website does NOT advocate software piracy. If you came in here thinking that we're going to help you get free software than you're wrong.

Yes what we do is illegal, but it's definatly not something bad as sharing illegal software.

In other words, don't fucking think you can post whatever you want because you can't. Unless you want to get shit thrown at you left and right, go right ahead!
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:34 pm

first off. I never brought up pirated software or footage that was alternatefutures and I never asked, nor planned on asking for illegal sofware so don't come jumping to conclusions. All I was saying is that the concept of taking footage without permision and songs without permision and making the videos wasn't exactly what the movie and music buissnes would call 'legal'. If you think I was talking about software and footage (getting, not using) you dreamed that up.

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:41 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:first off. I never brought up pirated software or footage that was alternatefutures and I never asked, nor planned on asking for illegal sofware so don't come jumping to conclusions. All I was saying is that the concept of taking footage without permision and songs without permision and making the videos wasn't exactly what the movie and music buissnes would call 'legal'. If you think I was talking about software and footage (getting, not using) you dreamed that up.
We know thta making AMV's isn't exactly legal.

But lots of ppl don't download their footage or song

they rip it from DVDs and CDs they BOUGHT
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:48 pm

I know that, but do you expect EVERYONE that watches these AMV's to own the anime AND the song?

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:49 pm

that is the general idea. Another thing, dont' come here asking for free clips because all you'll get is a huge cock slap.
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

Return to “General AMV”