Give me hosting!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
afleetinghope
Org Profile

Give me hosting!

Post by afleetinghope » Sat Jul 27, 2002 12:16 pm

No, I want to know some good places that people here would reccomend for hosting, maybe around $20 a month.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:13 pm

24.95 a month for dreamhosts plan, 15 gigs of bandwih is cool.

http://www.dreamhost.com/rewards.cgi?nailz

if you sign up, use me as a referal, my nid is nailz :D
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:22 pm

Any without a damn setup fee? And what does those Xs and -s mean?

Sidicas
Org Profile

Post by Sidicas » Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:48 pm

www.edatarack.com

10 gigs band, 300 Megs (normally 200 MB) of webspace no setup fee ...
3 bucks a month

They don't really tell you this stuff...but since I'm hosted there, I'm able to offer the info for ye.

Bad part:
Huge Fees if you go over your limits
Have to pay ahead for the full year.
No resume on uploads however they allow download accelerators and resumes on downloads.
*IMPORTANT! Make sure you have your own registered domain name before signing up...do it through some place like.. http://www.cheap-domain-name-registrar.com/ (very nice.. unlimited subdomains...just don't put in the name server of edatarack like edatarack tells you to...Enter the info in manually)
When you sign-up, you enter in your domain name...As far as I know, they won't allow you to change it. However you can use the registrar to point to other places.
No Anon-FTP

Really good stuff:
Awesome website stats, don't need a stinking web counter...auto-counter on every file.
Can add webusers (www.sidicas.us/~AMV would be a webuser)with their own username/password but you can't decide how much resources they get.

Ugh, omg like 3 and a half weeks after I sign up for the web hosting they go and give "Limited Time" special offers...I swear I'm gonna gonna hurt something/somebody....I got 200 Megs of webspace for the same price..

Sidenote: Since your willing to pay more, I'm sure there are more "bang for your buck" solutions out there. If you have 4 or more vids get at least about 20 gigs of bandwidth per month. As you can see on the webstatistics on my site...www.sidicas.us you can see that I'm just about over my limit as it is. Had to shut down download links to my music videos for the past week or so. Oh well...If you decide to get it, make sure that you don't release all yer vids at once like I did....just about used up all my bandwidth in a week.
I prolly should save all this and move it to the web, but I'm too lazy and I'll probably end up retyping it for the next person to come along.

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:03 am

Hostonce.com

$5 US a month, $60 US a year. You can use 5-10GB space and as much as/more than 200GB bandwidth a month. Real sweet deal. PHP/Perl/ASP/SSI/ect. for both Red Hat Linux and Windows 2000 hosting platforms.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:21 am

NicholasDWolfwood wrote:Hostonce.com

$5 US a month, $60 US a year. You can use 5-10GB space and as much as/more than 200GB bandwidth a month. Real sweet deal. PHP/Perl/ASP/SSI/ect. for both Red Hat Linux and Windows 2000 hosting platforms.
Didn't someone just get burned by hostonce not too long ago?

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:29 am

NicholasDWolfwood wrote:Hostonce.com

Known a few people that've gotten burned by them, so definately won't go with them.

Guess I'll go with the first one as soon as I get a site built.

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:58 am

funny how hostonce is true to its name, it seems. They'll only host you once. :roll:
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

Return to “General AMV”