New Vid, 200 DLs, no Reviews... ;_;

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Tuplica
Org Profile

New Vid, 200 DLs, no Reviews... ;_;

Post by Tuplica » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:53 am

Hello!

I'm posting this message to alert everybody about a video I have up. I've had 200+ hits/downloads, yet know reviews whatsoever.. It's my first video, and I'd really, REALLY like some feedback on it. I'm sure you're wondering, so I'll say it: It's Cowboy Bebop. HEY! Don't shudder and run in fear yet! I can almost guarantee you've never heard the song before, and I don't think anyone's ever focused on this character in a vid. It's not a lovey-dovey or a Spike VS Vicious vid, so it can't be that bad, right...? I call it: Spike VS The Veteran Cosmic Looney. Please give it a viewing and leave me some feedback... It's not my very best, but no one will host my best, so--- XD. Arigato.

Link: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=12912

icbal
Org Profile

Post by icbal » Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:57 pm

I'd have reviewed it if it wasn't 66.6meg. Which is a decidedly evil number anyway :lol:
I will obey the <a href=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... =289>forum rules</a> for sig image size.

Tuplica
Org Profile

@_@

Post by Tuplica » Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:01 pm

LOL, hadn't really thought about that. Well, yes, but it's an evil music video! It's only fitting!

Personally, I'm more concerned about having to pay $6.66 at fast-food chains... Tacos of death! RUN!

Ean
Org Profile

Re: New Vid, 200 DLs, no Reviews... ;_;

Post by Ean » Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:59 pm

Tuplica wrote:I've had 200+ hits/downloads, yet know reviews whatsoever..
Welcome to the group... opinions don't seem to come that easily around here for some...

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:09 am

No worries, I'll review it. I'll have it done sometime within this week. Can't do it this weekend, must study for exams. If I do, then you'll have been lucky. lol But I will write one! ^_^

KLin
Org Profile

Post by KLin » Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:00 am

You can also try the Opinion Exchange if you still feel you don't have enough opinions, but be aware that you'll be expected to give an opinion in turn. Also keep in mind, that not everyone is on the same speed internet connection or have the same amount of hard drive space, and thus it takes some people awhile before they can download it, watch it a few times if necessary and then write their opinion on it. How many steps is that anyways? :?

Tuplica
Org Profile

yup

Post by Tuplica » Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:47 pm

Thanks, Anime Jedi, I really appreciate it.

I think it's pretty depressing how few people review videos they download these days. I mean, I know that you need to have an account to do it and undoubtedly a lot of DLers don't, but I always make an effort to review the majority of the vids I watch, whether they're good, bad, or stuck somewhere in the middle.

KLin- I attempted a couple opinion exchanges with vid creators, but those that I emailed/contacted either didn't respond or preferred to review videos they'd found on their own. -_-; Oh well.

It'd be nice that instead of just displaying the vids in lists that haven't been reviewed but have had tons of DLs, that people who download lots and lots of vids and have an account and don't review at ALL should be required to do 1 or 2 at least, don'tcha think...? That might be too pushy, of course.

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:32 pm

I'm having trouble with the download. Everytime I try to download it, I'm not getting the whole thing, only a part of it. This time it said it was finished after 23 MBs... :(

Tuplica
Org Profile

urgh

Post by Tuplica » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:34 pm

Dang, I had no idea that was happening. I'll have to talk to my host about it, but in the meantime maybe you could download a download-continuer program. It's free and a fairly small file size. I believe GoZilla is available at download.com. It's really good, all you do is tell it the URL of what you wanna DL and it'll do the rest. If the DL is interrupted, it re-starts it from where it left off. It's *not* an accelerator.

So sorry. @_@

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:06 pm

Welcome to a-m-v.org 2003.

Back in 2001, people gave out opinions like mad then it started to die down around 2002. I'm not too big a fan of the opinion system but your best bet is getting a decent server and participating in the opinion exchange.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”